Zara Phillips - Sports Personality of The Year

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Zara Phillips - Sports Personality of The Year Reply with quote

ZARA CROWNED SPORTS PERSONALITY
By Victoria Ward
ZARA Phillips last night followed in her mum Princess Anne's footsteps as she was crowned BBC Sports Personality of the Year. Zara scooped the accolade after winning gold at the World Equestrian Games in August to add to her European title from last year. She was also named Equestrian of the Year in September. At 25, she is only the third rider to hold both European and World Three Day event titles. Her mum won the Beeb trophy 35 years ago, after coming second in the 1971 European Eventing Championships.

Stunned Zara, who was at the ceremony with her "bit of fluff" England rugby star Mike Tindall, said: "I'm actually shaking. I wasn't expecting it at all. Thank you to all the voters. It's amazing to be here. It's the first time two members of the same family have won the award, that's very special. Both my parents are massive influences." She added that she was expecting a call from the Queen. Zara won 32 per cent of the public vote ahead of Ryder Cup golfer Darren Clarke, 38, with 21 per cent.

Gymnast Beth Tweddle was third, beating others such as boxer Joe Calzaghe, who arrived with his partner actress Jo-Emma Lavin. David Walliams, who was there with mum Kathleen, got a surprise award for swimming the English Channel for Sport Relief. Little Britain costar Matt Lucas joked: "Are you sure you don't want to give it to someone who did anything better?" Snooker ace Paul Hunter, who died of cancer two months ago, won the Helen Rollason Award for courage and achievement.

-----------------

They should just rename this award "The Middle-Class English Sports Personality of The Year"... I can't for the life of me work out how some showjumper would possibly be the first person that comes to mind of the average punter in the street as the most impacting person of the year.

Arse biscuits to it! nyer
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Zara Phillips - Sports Personality of The Year Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Maybe they voted for her because she's managed to avoid her mother's looks.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Zara Phillips - Sports Personality of The Year Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
faceless wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Maybe they voted for her because she's managed to avoid her mother's looks.

haha yeah, but it's not the "Phew, you got off lucky there!" award!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Zara Phillips - Sports Personality of The Year Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

haha yeah, but it's not the "Phew, you got off lucky there!" award!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

A very timely comment..... a couple of days ago, my hubby and I went out for breakfast when this lady walks by and, I swear, she was the spitting image of Camilla.... well, needless to say, that was the end of my breakfast Laughing
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still confused as to how a woman gave birth to a human body with a horses arse with big teeth for a head.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
I'm still confused as to how a woman gave birth to a human body with a horses arse with big teeth for a head.

Sounds like someone pissed off mother nature!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

Sounds like someone pissed off mother nature!

You get a hell yeah from me sista! She's one ugly yoke that woman wow
Hairy Potter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

utterly ridiculous her family can afford the phone calls thats the only reason I can think of
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: