Rick Mercer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Rick Mercer Reply with quote

This comedian is very popular here in Canada and has a show on the CBC called The Rick Mercer Report. He does some great interviews with politicians and is very funny. He also goes visits different places in the country and tries out different jobs and things.

His humour is uniquely Canadian but I think some of you will find it funny.

There are many video archives to chose from but if you'd like to see where I live, go to Nov. 28: Rick has a blast at Western.

http://www.cbc.ca/mercerreport/backissues.php
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd seen some of it before and thought it was fairly similar to The Daily Show, as this clip shows. I watched the "Police Dog" clip on that page too, and thought that was pretty funny. I noticed they were playing the music for The Paul O'Grady show in the background for it... that was strange to hear.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I'd seen some of it before and thought it was fairly similar to The Daily Show, as this clip shows. I watched the "Police Dog" clip on that page too, and thought that was pretty funny. I noticed they were playing the music for The Paul O'Grady show in the background for it... that was strange to hear.

Saw that one as well.... he also did a funny show called "Talking to Americans"--- no disrepect to anyone here on the Couch, but many Americans have no clue about anything to do with Canada and he put one over on a good many of them. Eg.... convinced a govenor to give a statement saying "Congratulations Canada on legalizing insulin." duh!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick Mercer wins top comedy prize in Switzerland
Canwest News Service,
May 06, 2009

The CBC's Rick Mercer Report has won the best comedy prize from the Rose d'Or, the prestigious annual television festival held yearly in Lucerne, Switzerland. The festival also gave an honourary award to George Anthony, creative consultant on The Rick Mercer Report, for his career in entertainment.

The competition set a new record with 424 programs entered by 170 companies from 33 countries. From these, a pre-selection jury nominated 79 program from 53 companies and 18 countries to compete in their respective categories.

The last Canadian comedy to win the award was Kids in the Hall in 1993.

-------------------

Well done to the show - I read elsewhere that 7 of the 9 finallists were British, so I'm sure there's loads of people over here muttering 'bastard canadians!' under their breaths... haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: