World Cup Head Butt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: World Cup Head Butt Reply with quote

Don't know if this of interest to anyone still but I did find out what happened that led up to the infamous head butting incident.

Apparently Marco Materazzi kept pulling on the jersey of Zinedine Zidane. Well, ZZ told him "If you want my jersey so much, I'll give it to you after the match, but right now I need to keep wearing it". MM responded with "I'd rather have your sister!"---- then the headbutt occurred.

Lovely sportsmanship, wasn't it???? Razz
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: World Cup Head Butt Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Don't know if this of interest to anyone still but I did find out what happened that led up to the infamous head butting incident.

Apparently Marco Materazzi kept pulling on the jersey of Zinedine Zidane. Well, ZZ told him "If you want my jersey so much, I'll give it to you after the match, but right now I need to keep wearing it". MM responded with "I'd rather have your sister!"---- then the headbutt occurred.

It's pretty poor sportsmanship for sure, and so much goes on that we don't really know about or officials don't catch and it's rubbish.

There's a lot of racist and personal comments made to players and it's just the worst possible treatment. When watching World Cup this year it just had me so upset I wanted to jump through the tv and beat the hell out of some of the fans because they disgust me.

I understand the players try to get into each others heads, but personal comments aren't on, and especially racist comments by fans. Some footballers of colour have to put up with things being thrown at them from fans and monkey sounds and all that horrible shite.

Unfortunately that's the least of Italy's problems. They're a corrupt lot and their fans are a disgrace to the human race as far as I'm concerned....but there's loads more that are just as corrupt and disgusting. I wish they could be banned from international play.

Glad to see you in the sports section by the way eefan thumbs Thanks for the update.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: World Cup Head Butt Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
eefanincan wrote:

It's pretty poor sportsmanship for sure, and so much goes on that we don't really know about or officials don't catch and it's rubbish.

There's a lot of racist and personal comments made to players and it's just the worst possible treatment. When watching World Cup this year it just had me so upset I wanted to jump through the tv and beat the hell out of some of the fans because they disgust me.

I understand the players try to get into each others heads, but personal comments aren't on, and especially racist comments by fans. Some footballers of colour have to put up with things being thrown at them from fans and monkey sounds and all that horrible shite.

Unfortunately that's the least of Italy's problems. They're a corrupt lot and their fans are a disgrace to the human race as far as I'm concerned....but there's loads more that are just as corrupt and disgusting. I wish they could be banned from international play.

Glad to see you in the sports section by the way eefan thumbs Thanks for the update.

You're welcome! I mostly only watch a little hockey here (hell, it is Canada!!!) but maybe I'll have to pick up on some ManU games........ you might make a believer out of me yet!!! Laughing
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: World Cup Head Butt Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
eefanincan wrote:

You're welcome! I mostly only watch a little hockey here (hell, it is Canada!!!) but maybe I'll have to pick up on some ManU games........ you might make a believer out of me yet!!! Laughing

Tomorrow morning at 7:45 on Sportsnet - Manchester United vs Manchester City. It's bound to be a good match footie
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on the City!

Laughing
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
come on the City!

Laughing

As expected
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
come on the City!

Laughing

As expected

what? humour in relation to football? You're damn right!

nyer
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
come on the City!

Laughing

As expected

what? humour in relation to football? You're damn right!

nyer

Oh my...just as I was about to give some cheek, Ronaldo scored a goal! agree
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
come on the City!

Laughing

Hellion! Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: