You lot are all cheats

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: You lot are all cheats Reply with quote

ROY Keane has launched an astonishing attack on Premiership football ? claiming it is riddled with cheats, divers and con men.

And while the Sunderland boss refused to identify the chief culprits, he says high-profile England internationals are among the worst offenders. The Manchester United legend, arguably the greatest player in Premier League history, is so appalled by the conduct of some of this country?s leading stars, he?s relieved he is no longer playing.

And Keane says he?s often too embarrassed to watch Match Of The Day because of the antics of some of today?s top pros.

Incredibly, the former firebrand, who had some explosive clashes with referees during his own career, admits he often feels sorry for today?s officials.

"I?m glad that I?m not playing any more because players are conning each other, especially in the Premiership," said Keane, who has just completed ten weeks in management at the Stadium of Light.

"There?s a lot of sneaky stuff going on that makes it hard for referees.

"You?re watching on TV and thinking ?has he been fouled or has he just gone down??

"I can?t get my head round a player who rolls around then he?s up 30 seconds later. If I was his manager, I?d be embarrassed.

"That?s cheating, trying to get another player into trouble.

"There are a lot out there who are trying to pull one over the referee by diving and then chasing them, saying ?give him a booking, send him off?.

"We all know the players, I could tell you them and they?re high-profile but I wouldn?t give them the time of day and that?s why I?m glad I?m not playing in the Premiership any more ? I?d be pulling my hair out.

"Everyone goes down the foreign route but there are plenty who play for England who do it and lads who play for Ireland and Scotland, too.

"Lads I?ve played with dive and it drives me crazy, going down like they?ve been shot.

"Players have to treat referees fairly. When they go down, it must be genuine.

"Players know each other, they know that Paul Scholes or Steven Gerrard won?t go rolling around.

"But there are plenty out there who are doing it and that makes it so hard for the referees.

"If you fake injury, you have to go back and see your family and I know that they?d have disowned me for trying to get another player into trouble.

"Yes, I kicked a lot of people but this is different and you see it every week on Match Of The Day"

Keane is aware he could be accused of hypocrisy but insists he?ll come down heavily on any Sunderland player caught cheating.
"Managers have to take responsibility. I?m certainly trying to at Sunderland.

"Players, too, because I have to say they?re not helping them one bit and I was probably the world?s worst although in my latter days I found out if you are a touch nicer to referees, it helps you, it?s common-sense.

"I?m on my high horse because I went and kicked a lot of players but I?m on about conning referees."

It sickens me seeing these poor acting cheats rolling all over the pitch, faking an injury and it happens all the time.

One of the worst I saw was Barcelona vs Chelsea. Messi is the worst actor on the planet and constantly fakes injuries, and if that wasn't bad enough, Chelsea got in on the act too and it just ruined the match as far as I'm concerned.

In one instance, Messi was rolling on the pitch holding his leg whilst looking in agony. The football was kicked his way and he jumped up on his feet and started running all within seconds.

He should have been carded for these antics but it seems it's so commonplace that referees just can't be arsed in even looking their way.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many fans would say they'd rather lose a game than see one of their players cheat? That's the problem I reckon.

Of course, Celtic players would get booed by their own fans if they tried that shite! (well I'd like to think so anyway - haha)
Hairy Potter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I wonder how many fans would say they'd rather lose a game than see one of their players cheat? That's the problem I reckon.

Of course, Celtic players would get booed by their own fans if they tried that shite! (well I'd like to think so anyway - haha)

this is why I am not a big football fan at least in snooker and pool a player will call a foul on themselves winning does not mean anything unless you earn it
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hairy Potter wrote:
faceless wrote:

this is why I am not a big football fan at least in snooker and pool a player will call a foul on themselves winning does not mean anything unless you earn it

Not all teams are like that, and the teams that don't cheat earn their win with a lot of hard work. I don't fancy sports where it takes no physical activity to win, although I suppose it would be mental ability.
Hairy Potter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Hairy Potter wrote:
faceless wrote:

Not all teams are like that, and the teams that don't cheat earn their win with a lot of hard work. I don't fancy sports where it takes no physical activity to win, although I suppose it would be mental ability.

believe me snooker and pool does take a look of physical activity when playing competitive the odd game in the pub or club maybe not but when you are in a competition and playing over a set number of frames then it takes it toll both physical and mental a snooker match can take 4 hours or more sometimes a lot longer a footy game is over in 90 mins and they have a least two days rest before competitive matches where as a snooker player can be playing till the early hours of the morning and then have to be ready for a match the following day.
Griffo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHO SHOT THE GOOOOOOOOONER?!

IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffo wrote:
WHO SHOT THE GOOOOOOOOONER?!

Unfortunately that's so typical
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really is shite. I'd rather not win than be a cheat - and then get into trouble for arguing with the referees when I saw something like that!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
That really is shite. I'd rather not win than be a cheat - and then get into trouble for arguing with the referees when I saw something like that!

One good thing is....it must hurt a bit when they fall that way. Seeing a bit of flesh ripped off their knees is at the very least...some bit of moral justice lol

Most know who the cheats are and the announcers make it very clear themselves who they are. I wish the news would make more of a mockery of them so they could feel as foolish as they look.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Seeing a bit of flesh ripped off their knees is at the very least...some bit of moral justice lol

I reckon they've probably got callouses on their knees to protect them - caused by being such cocksuckers!

Laughing

you're right about the news, but they're probably scared of alienating the fan bases - with football being so important to many millions they'd be on thin ice to accuse one player and not them all.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Seeing a bit of flesh ripped off their knees is at the very least...some bit of moral justice lol

I reckon they've probably got callouses on their knees to protect them - caused by being such cocksuckers!

Laughing

you're right about the news, but they're probably scared of alienating the fan bases - with football being so important to many millions they'd be on thin ice to accuse one player and not them all.

Your comment brought something to mind but I dare not put it here as it was pretty rude.....but it was funny at the same time. I'll shhh and behave myself lol .....but....perhaps instead of getting carded, the person they're trying to mess with should get a bit of erm....nah nevermind!

Back to the sewer where my mind resides!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: