Online club embraces life's dullest pleasures

View previous topic :: View next topic  
janbo1960

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Online club embraces life's dullest pleasures Reply with quote

For those looking for safe excitement, November is fig month at the Dull Men's Club - a place in cyberspace for men who feel "born to be mild" and enjoy watching grass grow and photographing garden sheds.

"Figs are good for you. High fibre and high nutritional value ... fat-free, sodium-free, cholesterol-free ... not to mention the great taste. And they are portable," enthuses the Dull Men's Club website (http://www.dullmen.com) just above its choice of "Anorak of the Month".

While the rest of the Internet teems with hazards - Trojans, viruses, bots, phishers, spyware and other people - this monochrome haven boasts "no violence or scary scenes" and does its best to exclude exclamation marks.

Instead, an analysis of baggage carousels at 376 airports globally discovers that 44.8 per cent rotate anticlockwise, 29 per cent clockwise. The site also reveals the reason for that orientation.

The site's author, Lee Carlson, also known as Grover Click, says there are many people who enjoy the dull side of life.

"Many people - corporate executives and celebrities I've heard about - enjoy doing the dull things," he said.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

National Fig Month
"Celebrate the Fig" Laughing

Quote:
Dear DMC,

Living the "dull" life I have has shown me that the ants always get busy just before it rains, and if there are hardly any ants out in the day it will be a hotter day tomorrow.

I am glad I have found that there are other people who see more to life than racing cars and jet boats than me [two exclamation points removed] I knew you were out there [three exclamation points removed] Its just that I was, and you all were too busy doing other fun things to bump into each other [exclamation point removed] Smile

Captain Caveman

crazed
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to lead a fairly quite life, but even that's a little too boring for me Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: