Car drivers get spiked in Manchester

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Car drivers get spiked in Manchester Reply with quote

This gave me a smile as it's very much this type of driver that I have to watch out for when cycling... they just don't give a damn about anything but getting to where they're going...

maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bunch of tossers.

These are the sort of people who think 'that no entry sign doesn't apply to me' and they get what they deserve. Be sure they won't do it again though. Nice to see the airbag worked in the first car.

Whoever came up with this is a bloody genius - probably the same person who thought it would be fun to put a camera there to record the accidents. I'll wager they have bets on how many they get a week!

I especially liked the line "postman gets through, white van man gets kebabbed"

The only thing I disagree with here is that if an area of a city is designated as being for pedestrians only, then why you should still have to dodge buses and vans. This was something that annoyed the heck out me when I used to live in the UK.

Maybe there could be some way of severely restricting speed - like the bollards. Spikes that come up and impale the tyres if you go above 15 mph or something. I'm sure we could think of something. Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
I especially liked the line "postman gets through, white van man gets kebabbed"

The only thing I disagree with here is that if an area of a city is designated as being for pedestrians only, then why you should still have to dodge buses and vans. This was something that annoyed the heck out me when I used to live in the UK.

Maybe there could be some way of severely restricting speed - like the bollards. Spikes that come up and impale the tyres if you go above 15 mph or something. I'm sure we could think of something. Laughing

I laughed at that myself... haha

The pedestrian areas up here are all completely traffic-free, and have been as long as I can remember. But when there's the need for compromise (like in Edinburgh where there's nowhere else for the buses to go) then it just has to be done I think.

The one thing about the video I wasn't too keen on was the way the people rush round to the back seat, giving the impression there was a kid in there - it really was quite a dunt they got, and even the bloke is holding his head as if he got bumped.

A guy in my class today suggested a better way would be to just block them in once they're in, then pounce, but that seems impractical - and there's plenty of warning given by the looks of the signs there...
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't fancy seeing anyone hurt but I love the idea completely.

I quite enjoyed seeing the dumb cow with her putting her hands up in confusion, then getting speared.

What in hell is confusing about DON'T ENTER? She got what she asked for as the rest of them did. I just hope there wasn't an injured child in the back, and if so, I hope the parents felt like shit because they caused it by their own actions no
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: