Jessie Wallace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: What's happened to Jessie Wallace? Reply with quote

WHAT'S HAPPENED TO JESSIE WALLACE?
By Beth Hardie, Mirror.co.uk 27/02/2007

KAT Slater would have a fit if she saw this - Jessie Wallace walking around with rollers covering her head and a pair of pink rubber shoes. But the former EastEnders actress hasn’t gone stark raving mad, she was in costume on the set for her latest TV role. Wallace plays the part of music hall legend Marie Lloyd who developed a reputation for risqué songs and cheeky performances during her forty-year career.

Mum-of-one Jessie may be in character, but surely Marie didn’t wear bright pink crocs on her feet?

--------------------
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A far cry from Kat Slater for sure Smile This new project sounds interesting..... I think she's a pretty good actress and can probably pull off most roles..... pink shoes or not Smile
Boab

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recovering from her bingo wing removal operation?????
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boab wrote:

Whaa-aa-aat? Confused
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
Boab wrote:

Whaa-aa-aat? Confused

I'm confused too Twirley Sad

But I am glad she is still about. I really enjoyed her on Eastenders.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bingo wings is a slang term used to describe the build-up of fat and or flaccid muscle that hangs from the underside of the upper arms. It occurs most frequently in elderly ladies and overweight people. The problem may also occur after significant weight loss, with flaps of loose skin remaining. The term apparently originated from the bingo hall custom of raising one's arm aloft and bellowing "House!". This ties in due to bingo long being the entertainment of choice for large numbers of elderly ladies, especially in the United Kingdom.

British comedy show Bo' Selecta! popularised the term with a bizarre caricature of the EastEnders character Kat Slater, who appeared constantly paranoid about her "big fat saggy bingo wings".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bingo_wings
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, now I get it. Thx.
Boab

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops apologies for all the non UK members.

From a TV show over here as you may have read already.

Give me a break. I'm new
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in the UK and never heard that term. Interesting to know.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boab wrote:
oops apologies for all the non UK members.

From a TV show over here as you may have read already.

Give me a break. I'm new

I'm always learning new phrases here on the Couch Laughing
carmelina

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Former 'Enders stars to reunite on ITV? Reply with quote

Former EastEnders co-stars Shane Richie and Jessie Wallace are set to be reunited in a new ITV1 show.

Richie and Wallace, who played fan favourites Kat and Alfie Moon on the BBC One soap, have been approached to play a bickering couple on Rock Rivals. The show follows two married judges on an X Factor-style talent programme, who launch rival bands when their romance hits the rocks.

A source told The Sun: "It would be fantastic to get Shane and Jessie together again. They have an amazing on-screen chemistry and would be just perfect for these roles."

Shane admitted that he was keen to be reunited with Jessie last year, explaining: "We've spoken of working with each other again."

Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just great. I did just love them together. They had a great spark between them.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Sky.... it was one of the better storylines in EE. Hopefully it will continue on into their next project.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JESSIE'S ANGUISH
By Melanie Swan

Former EastEnder Jessie Wallace snubbed her great pal Shane Richie's wedding after finding out her old flame Joel Beckett would be there, The People can reveal. Jessie couldn't bear to see her ex Joel, 33, with his new love Emma Barton, 29, and refused to be in the same room with them. Her non-appearance was a disappointment for Shane, 43, who was joined by a host of his former Enders co-stars at the wedding in Beaconsfield, Bucks. But Jessie, 35, known to millions as saucy Kat Slater, called Shane straight after his wedding ceremony to offer her congratulations. She now plans to go out with Shane - who played barman Alfie Moon - and his new wife Chrissie in two weeks to make up for her absence.

Our source revealed: "Jessie couldn't bear to see Joel and Emma together. It would be the first time since the split that they'd all have had to be in the same room together. Being single, she felt it would be too embarrassing and awkward to be at the wedding with Joel there. Jessie has been pretty unlucky in love and the last thing she wanted was to be at a big romantic wedding while her ex-love brings his new girlfriend. Shane was disappointed she couldn't come. They've been mates for several years and it was his big day. They've spoken about it and Jessie explained her reasons for not coming but Shane couldn't talk her round. They're still good pals and Shane's ulent relationship with Dave Morgan, the father of her daughter Tallulah.

But their romance fizzled out and Jessie was left gutted when she discovered he had fallen for pretty Emma, known to millions as dopey Honey Mitchell. Shane's spokesman said: "Jessie couldn't come for personal reasons." Jessie's spokeswoman refused to comment.

---------------
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Quote:
Bingo wings is a slang term used to describe the build-up of fat and or flaccid muscle that hangs from the underside of the upper arms. It occurs most frequently in elderly ladies and overweight people. The problem may also occur after significant weight loss, with flaps of loose skin remaining. The term apparently originated from the bingo hall custom of raising one's arm aloft and bellowing "House!". This ties in due to bingo long being the entertainment of choice for large numbers of elderly ladies, especially in the United Kingdom.

British comedy show Bo' Selecta! popularised the term with a bizarre caricature of the EastEnders character Kat Slater, who appeared constantly paranoid about her "big fat saggy bingo wings".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bingo_wings

Wow - I'm British, and have never heard of Bingo Wings before now. Where have I been???

Laughing

I didn't realize "Jake" was dating "Honey" - if only Billy knew, I feel sure he might kill him. Sorry, I've had a few too many Sangrias. laugh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: