'Potter' Character to Perform Nude

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: 'Potter' Character to Perform Nude Reply with quote

'Potter' Character Radcliffe to Perform Nude
Oct 22, 2:22 PM EST

The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The world knows him as boy wizard Harry Potter. Now, Daniel Radcliffe wants the world to see him differently. Next summer, the 17-year-old will take to a London stage in the Tony Award-winning drama "Equus" and will perform nude during one scene, according Newsweek magazine in editions that will hit newsstands Monday.

"Part of me wants to shake up people's perception of me, just shove me in a blender," he told the magazine in an exclusive interview on the set of the fifth Harry Potter film, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."

"It's a really challenging play, and if I can pull it off ? we don't know if I can yet ? I hope people will stop and think, 'Maybe he can do something other than Harry,'" he said.

In "Equus," Radcliffe will play a "troubled young man with a religious-erotic obsession with horses," the magazine reported.

Radcliffe was discovered seven years ago in the audience of a London theater and is known for playing Potter in the blockbuster film series based on J.K. Rowling's books.

I suppose that after playing a condom-carrying Boy Scout in "Extras", this role would be the next step in young Danny's career. nyer
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had read about this quite a while back. I had a chuckle. I don't blame him for doing stuff like this though. I am sure he wants to make sure that his career doesn't end with Harry Potter.

He really is a fine young actor and I hope he does well with this.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's a good actor and hope that people will try to think of him as something other than Harry Potter. I think that if this is the worst thing a 17 yr old boy does, than we should be thankful..... it could be drugs or something else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: