Tissues needed in Old Trafford to clean up the drool!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Tissues needed in Old Trafford to clean up the drool! Reply with quote

Sir Alex praises Reds' dominance

Sir Alex Ferguson says the key to beating Liverpool was to get in front and from then on, United?s midfield dominance meant there would only be one outcome.

The Reds were by far the more positive side as Rafael Benitez opted to play Dirk Kuyt up front on his own. And Sir Alex says the plan was to not go behind.

?I think it was an excellent performance. We hoped to get in front,? he said. ?That way they have to come out and go for it. They are difficult opponents to play against, but we played some good football.

The performance of Paul Scholes in an excellent four-man midfield was also key to United?s win, according to the Reds boss.

?I couldn?t be any more proud of him, it?s his 500th game and he scores against our biggest rivals. It was a great moment for him,? he said.

?I told Paul that Rio?s goal reminded me of the one he scored against Liverpool some years ago (September 1998). He said, ?you?re joking aren?t you, mine was about ten yards further out and Rio miss-hit his!

?It was a great goal,? Sir Alex added. ?I think it showed fantastic balance to bring the ball down with his right and then hit it with his left. He put the defender off balance. You don?t see many centre-backs scoring goals like that.

?We were comfortable after that and we showed good concentration to keep the ball and rarely give it away.

"There was great composure in our play and I think our midfield was excellent. Michael Carrick and Paul Scholes controlled the match and gave us composure along with Ryan Giggs? experience. Darren Fletcher also had an excellent game.?

It did however take 30 minutes to clean the liverdrool off the pitch after the match as the blubbering and crying went on for a good 10 minutes. Old Trafford officials said although it took 16 boxes of tissues, it was fine price to pay for the victory!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were sh!t Crying
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there there now. It could be worse.

Could have been 2-0 Liverdrool Laughing Care for a tissue? I think there's one or 2 left over?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: