celebrity x factor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LEE
Hydroponic Chronic

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: celebrity x factor Reply with quote

ITV has commissioned a special celebrity version of the X Factor.

The one-off event will feature judges Simon Cowell, Sharon Osbourne and Louis Walsh.

It will follow the same format as the X Factor with under 25s, over 25s and group categories.

But this time, show bosses will put different celebrities together to make up the groups.

The show, with Kate Thornton as host, will run on consecutive nights this spring.

ITV's Director of Entertainment and Comedy Paul Jackson said: "The X Factor was a runaway success and united the nation in debates over the rights and wrongs of who got voted each week.

"We are in discussions with celebrities right now but are keeping some of the elements of the show under wraps.

"The judges won't know who they are mentoring until the shows start - and then the gloves are off!

"It will be a huge treat for viewers to see the celebrities under pressure from Simon Cowell, who, as we know, is honest and direct - he certainly doesn't mince his words."

Celebrities from the worlds of sport to entertainment will be taking part, with ITV bosses saying that singing should not be their primary talent.
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like it'll be great. I loved the X factor. I wasn't sure if the same judges would be back for the Celeb one. It'll be good with all of them on board. thumbs
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds pretty good. It should be interesting to see Simons attitude with celebs Laughing
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
That sounds pretty good. It should be interesting to see Simons attitude with celebs Laughing

That's a good point. I wonder if he'll be a lot nicer, well maybe just a little bit.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

That's a good point. I wonder if he'll be a lot nicer, well maybe just a little bit.

I think he'll be curving his attitude a wee bit as to not upset the celebs, and I hope Sharon acts like a lady for a change and doesn't treat Louis badly. I was gutted how she soaked him and all that on XFactor, but she more made herself look like a lowlife Razz
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Ally wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

I think he'll be curving his attitude a wee bit as to not upset the celebs, and I hope Sharon acts like a lady for a change and doesn't treat Louis badly. I was gutted how she soaked him and all that on XFactor, but she more made herself look like a lowlife Razz

That's the point where I went off the botoxed one last year. That was so out of line, not the least bit funny and she should of given him a public apology. I can't remember if she did or not.

I'm always a bit skeptical that these things are probably staged but in this regard I don't think so. Louis was set to quit the show.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Ally wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

That's the point where I went off the botoxed one last year. That was so out of line, not the least bit funny and she should of given him a public apology. I can't remember if she did or not.

I'm always a bit skeptical that these things are probably staged but in this regard I don't think so. Louis was set to quit the show.

I actually liked Sharon so wished it was staged for reaction sake, but I rather doubt it considering just what you said about Louis set to quit the show.

She never made any sort of apology for her actions, and I'm surprised Louis could stomach sitting beside the skanky wench after that. I'd of had to do something to even the score....but then again that's just me.

I was also quite offended by her slagging the irish, and didn't much fancy her using my name without asking my permission. I was about to sue her for all she's worth :bigtongue:
lilycup

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to for this to come on. I'm a big fan of X-Factor and this sounds great!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's in Celebrity X Factor?

Tina O'Brien

Corrie babe Tina O'Brien is rumoured to be taking part.

Gavin Henson
Will Charlotte Church's other half give her a run for her money in the singing stakes?

Gillian McKeith
Dr Poo vs Mr Nasty!

Chris Tarrant
Can he sing? We don't know. Can he stand up to Simon Cowell? We hope so!

Holly Willhoughby
Will Kids TV presenter and former underwear model Holly manage to charm Simon Cowell?

Tony Blackburn
Could the original jungle king be heading back into the murky waters of reality TV?

Jodi Albert
Ex-Hollyoaker Jodi Albert will also be giving it her all before the judges. As a former member of of girl band Girl Thing, who had a UK top 10 hit in 2000 with 'Last Ones Standing', she should have some singing ability. Perhaps not.

Jordan and Peter Andre
Simon Cowell was desperate to get these two signed after their performance of 'A Whole New World' on Children in Need. Has he succeeded? We'll have to wait and see!

Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee
And there are reports that magician Paul Daniels and his wife, the lovely Debbie McGee, will be taking to the stage.

Chris Moyles
Mr Nasty himself has revealed that Radio One DJ Chris Moyles will be stepping up to face the judges. Speaking on his radio show, Moyles said: "I am going to do it. I think it's pretty much all signed, sealed and delivered."

He also said that he wants to sing 'Stand By Me' in a broad Leeds accent for one of his performances. Can't wait.
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to enjoy the celeb versions of these reality type shows. I'm sure this one will be entertaining. Hope we get to see some of it.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see Chris Moyles being CRUMPLED LIKE A USED KLEENEX.

Here's a couple of pics I did of him a few years back when someone from a forum dedicated to the fat northern twat came onto a site I was on at the time and started singing his praises as a comedian and entertainer. It was the fat useless and twattish leading the blind, stupid and ignorant, clearly!

As far as the other contestants are concerned - I'm hoping that Paul Daniels is victim of some kind of slapstick accident, say a piano falling from a great height...
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: The X-Factor :: The Battle Of The Stars Reply with quote

Just a reminder!! agree

The X Factor is back?but not as you know it...!

The heat is on. Starting on May 29th for 8 consecutive nights, nine
celebrity acts will be putting their vocal talents to the test. They?ve
been rehearsing in the shower, singing into their hairbrushes and
practising their dance routines in front of the mirror. And now, for one
gruelling week, our celebrities will be battling it out live to see who
really has the X factor. clap

http://www.xfactor.tv/
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem with this show is that it's going to be on at the same time each night as Big Brother, but I reckon they might do a repeat on ITV2 so I'll try and cap it...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSBOURNE PUZZLED BY IDENTITY OF X FACTOR CELEBRITIES

SHARON OSBOURNE is bemused by the choice of contestants on upcoming British reality TV show CELEBRITY X FACTOR - because she has no idea who any of them are. The wife of OZZY OSBOURNE is a judge on the show, on which celebrities will pit their vocal skills against one another. But her time away from the UK living in Los Angeles means she doesn't know most of the show's stars, who include magician PAUL DANIELS, his ex-wife DEBBIE MCGEE and soap star LUCY BENJAMIN. Osbourne says, "I don't know who the bloody hell they all are. I'm going to be the same as normal, be very honest. "I've never heard of any of them apart from (BBC radio presenter) CHRIS MOYLES, because Ozzy went on his show. I didn't even know he could sing. "Unless they've made a record or been in a movie, I wouldn't know them. I've been back in LA for a while."

----------------

What's she on about? Paul Daniels was probably one of the biggest names on UKTV in the 70s and 80s, while Tony Blackburn was the first voice on Radio 1!

Either she or the article is talking out its arse!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: