It doesn't get much worse than this

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: It doesn't get much worse than this Reply with quote

Mauled baby's grandfather stabbed

A woman has been stabbed to death and her partner seriously injured in an attack just a day after the man's grandchild was fatally mauled by dogs. Debra Larn, 47, and John Brightwell, 50, were attacked at their Beaumont Leys home in Leicester on Sunday. The day before, Mr Brightwell's five-month-old granddaughter was killed by two Rottweiler dogs. A 26-year-old man will appear in court on Tuesday charged with murder and causing grievous bodily harm. The death of baby Cadey-Lee Deacon on Sunday at The Rocket pub in Leicester is not being linked to the attack. The two dogs, which lived at the pub, were put down after the attack.

In a statement issued through Leicestershire Constabulary, Cadey-Lee's mother, Amy Deacon and her partner, Lee Burchell, who managed the pub, said: "Words cannot express our devastation at what has happened. We just cannot believe that Cadey-Lee is gone. She was such a beautiful little girl. We loved her so much and we just can't accept that something like this could have happened. How do you come to terms with such a tragedy?"

The couple thanked the public for the outpouring of support and asked for "time to grieve for our little girl in peace". Chief Superintendent Steve Pitts, of Leicestershire Constabulary, said Mr Buchell's mother Lesley was the licensee at the pub where the baby died. "Amy and Lee were moving furniture out of the living quarters to new premises when tragedy struck on Saturday. It appears that a fire escape door was left mistakenly open and allowed the family's dogs, Bruno and Bess, access to the living quarters."

He said the dogs made their way to the bedroom in which baby Cadey-Lee was sleeping. "By the time Amy, Lee and the relatives who were helping them move realised what had happened, the dogs had attacked."

---------------

What a hellish coincidence to happen...
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in Leicester before I moved to Canada and I can tell you that the area of the city that this happened in, is one of the most verminous around.

I'm not suprised that someone was stabbed round there, but it's so sad that this happened to the same family. You can't help but think there may have been a connection.

Don't even get me started on why Rottweillers and other similarly vicious dogs should be allowed unmuzzled around children and in public. :grr:
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a tragedy! They say bad things happen in three's...... here's hoping that nothing else happens to them.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How terrible. I cannot even imagine what it would be like to deal with all that at once. My heart goes out to them.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about the child a few days ago and thought that was so bloody horrible. When you told me about this I was really surprised 2 tragedies like this could happen to the same family in such a short span of time.

It's such a damn pity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: