Chavez calls Bush 'devil' in U.N. speech
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Kind off topic**

With all the talk that has been going on about Americans not getting proper services I thought this bit might be interesting. I received this today from our head of nursing.
The Campaign for Children?s Health Care broke the numbers of uninsured children down by state and present this graphic picture: If all of the uninsured children in New Mexico held hands, their child chain would stretch 66 miles. Those same kids could fill 1,582 school buses or form 9,667 little league teams. Of course, they?d want to be careful not to get injured or sick because their parents can?t afford a doctor.

The report goes on to say that 90 percent of New Mexico?s uninsured children live in working families and 80 percent live in families with incomes at or below twice the federal poverty level (that?s less than $33,200 for a family of three in 2006).

More information can be found at
http://www.childrenshealthcampaign.org/tools/reports/no-shelter-from-the-storm.html

We Americans may still consider our country the world?s economic superpower, but when we can?t even guarantee that all of our children have the means to see a doctor, what does it say about our priorities? And if children are our future, what does our inability to fully invest in them say about what lies ahead for the nation?
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I don't know why but I'm a bit blown away by that.

The one thing I've always believed is they put so much money into the military and taking it away from much needed services that all american's dearly need.

So many men, women and children are doing without essential services such as healthcare to keep the war machine going, and I think this is something that must be on a lot of american's minds.

Can you imagine how much better financially the country would be if the Iraq war never happened? I'm not saying that money would have gone into the right places such as helping citizens with healthcare etc., but just imagine how much better overall it'd be doing economically?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Wow! I don't know why but I'm a bit blown away by that.

The one thing I've always believed is they put so much money into the military and taking it away from much needed services that all american's dearly need.

So many men, women and children are doing without essential services such as healthcare to keep the war machine going, and I think this is something that must be on a lot of american's minds.

Can you imagine how much better financially the country would be if the Iraq war never happened? I'm not saying that money would have gone into the right places such as helping citizens with healthcare etc., but just imagine how much better overall it'd be doing economically?

It's putting a drain on the economy and stressing people out. The government constantly looks for ways to cut the budget of schools and other important institutions but never really pays attention to their own pockets.

I can't think of one thing that congress has done this year to help Americans. And according to and a new poll from CBS News and the New York Times other people are feeling that way as well. The poll said that fully 75 percent of the voters polled couldn't name one thing Congress has accomplished this year. Not one. Not that Congress could do anything about it now ? they?ve recessed until after the November election
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that money has gone to groups like Halliburton and all the other defence contractors. And who owns massive shares in these companies? Bush and his cronies...

War = money. They're basically taking money from the public purse and putting it into (their own) private hands.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
All that money has gone to groups like Halliburton and all the other defence contractors. And who owns massive shares in these companies? Bush and his cronies...

War = money. They're basically taking money from the public purse and putting it into (their own) private hands.

Exactly. I believe me, Halliburton is big here. I am amazed by the amount of new H3's I'm seeing on the road and our oil field bossess getting bigger houses. While tons of my kids at school go without proper health care, food and housing. :grr:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: