Starbuck's being sued over voucher
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
eefanincan wrote:
I think they should pay me for having to figure out their damn menu..... some days, ya just want a plain cup of coffee or tea and I want to order, small, medium or large not in italian or whatever Smile

I've not ever tried it before. I'm a Tim Hortons girl myself :coffee:

LOL! Timmy's for me as well...... if I have to take longer than 30 seconds to find what I want on the menu, it's just not worth it.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
eefanincan wrote:
I think they should pay me for having to figure out their damn menu..... some days, ya just want a plain cup of coffee or tea and I want to order, small, medium or large not in italian or whatever Smile

I've not ever tried it before. I'm a Tim Hortons girl myself :coffee:

LOL! Timmy's for me as well...... if I have to take longer than 30 seconds to find what I want on the menu, it's just not worth it.

That's what I love about that place. I walk into the local one here and I don't even have to say what I want. Ole Rose behind the counter says hey ******* in her thick liverpoolian accent as loud as she can and goes right to the cups and gets my order spot on each time lol It's actually like an episode of Cheers when I go there. All the ladies behind the counter say hi and gather round and we have a nice chat each time Smile
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Gasman59 wrote:
How about all governments wise up and stop all this bullshit sueing business. Get a life !!!

The judicial system in just about every country is a complete catastrophe in one way or another.

I was reading the newspaper the other day and was completely shocked at this one story.

In Toronto, there were people getting information about home owners finances etc, putting their homes up for sale and once the home was sold they took the money and ran. The actual owner of the home had to vacate for the 'new' owners but still have to pay the mortage!

They are trying to change the laws to avoid this happening again.

Another thing I read a while back is something called 'squatters rights'.

If you go on hols for a month, someone can break into your home and live there and when you come back, you can't kick them out! They can legally take over your property.

Another thing we found out from an estate agent here is if you buy property and aren't using a portion of it and your neighbour does, if you don't tell them right away it's your property then they can take it over legally and you're screwed. When you want to sell, you must take that portion of the property off as it's no longer yours.

There's a couple examples of a broken down judicial system, and that's not even the tip of the iceburg.

What a fucking world we live in.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: