British tourist gets lost in Australian outbacktwicein 8days

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ap1979

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: British tourist gets lost in Australian outbacktwicein 8days Reply with quote

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) - A 50-year-old British tourist was rescued by police for the second time in just over a week Tuesday after twice getting lost in Australia's rugged outback.

The man, whose identity was not released, sparked a major air and ground search last Tuesday after he called police from his cellphone and told them he had become lost while hiking in a national park north of Alice Springs.

He was found and taken to a hospital, where he was treated for sunburn and dehydration.

On Tuesday, the man again called police from his mobile phone to say he was lost in roughly the same area, Northern Territory police said in a statement.

Police mounted another search involving three helicopters and a ground crew and eventually found the man five hours later.

He was taken to a hospital, where he underwent a medical assessment and was treated for dehydration, the statement said.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: British tourist gets lost in Australian outbacktwicein 8 Reply with quote

ap1979 wrote:
he underwent a medical assessment and was treated for dehydration

I'd have hoped that they had to perform an operation to get a size 9 boot out of his arse too - the daft bastard!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I suggest a map or GPS?
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he should have to pay all costs for the resources used to search for his sorry arse. What a muppet! no

Sorry but the urge is just too strong to fight off.....

A DINGO ATE ME BABYYYYYYYYYYYY! Ahhhh I feel much better now.

Next!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: