London, Ont. Canada mother goes on strike

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ap1979

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: London, Ont. Canada mother goes on strike Reply with quote

LONDON, Ont. (CP) - Roxanne Toussaint says she loves her kids, but hates their attitude, and hopes a strike will make them change their ways.

The London, Ontario mother has launched a strike against her children and has erected a tent and a sign on her front lawn that reads, "Mom On Strike."

Toussaint says there are days she can't take it any more and that she feels like "tearing out her hair and running down the street naked."

She has three children - a 14-year-old son Adrienne and two daughters, 10-year-old Charmaine and eight-year-old Kali.

Toussaint, a single mother, says all they do is eat, refuse to help with the housework and that their bedrooms look like "Hurricane Katrina went through it."

She is demanding a calmer, cleaner house and plans to continue her strike until her kids sign a written pledge promising to help out.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was on our local news a couple of nights ago! I'm surprised anyone picked up on it. She's pitched a tent in the front yard to make her protest.--- I've half a mind to drive by just to see it. From the bit I saw the kids didn't seem to be taking her too seriously.She's got all of their necessities in the house such as food etc. but is basically saying that they need to try and keep house themselves so they can see how much work it is. We'll see how they make it through the weekend....... I'll keep you posted if I hear anything else. Smile
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked in the film but took a good while, so I hope she's a parka with her as it's getting a wee bit chilly at night.

If she was smart she'd of thrown the kids in a tent and let them sweat it out till they promised to cop on and get their shite together....but then again I'm not a parent so what do I know Confused
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
If she was smart she'd of thrown the kids in a tent and let them sweat it out till they promised to cop on and get their shite together....but then again I'm not a parent so what do I know Confused

That was my thought, but I suppose Children's Aid would have something to say about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: