Police left stranded in car chase

View previous topic :: View next topic  
janbo1960

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Police left stranded in car chase Reply with quote

A police pursuit of suspected car thieves through the streets of an Israeli city ended with officers reporting another stolen vehicle - their own.

After crashing into an electricity pole during the chase in the Tel Aviv suburb of Bnei Brak, the three suspects abandoned their car and made a run for it on foot, a police spokesman says.

Two officers bolted from their police cruiser to try to catch them.

One of the suspected thieves was arrested, another got away, but the third man doubled back, jumped into the police car and sped off, the spokesman says.

It was later found abandoned, its radio and computer screen smashed.

The police spokesman says he could not confirm an Israeli newspaper report that said the officers had left the cruiser unlocked and its engine running.

He says a senior police commander has ordered an investigation of the incident.

If they had been Palestinians...they would have just shot them!!!!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keys in the car and engine running. Genius!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what's to investigate. The cops were ejits, clear and simple. It's like leaving a steak infront of a starving hound.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at a party in a house at the top of a hill once, and it got pretty busy and loud, so the police came to break it up at about 3am. There was a good hundred people in the place so it took them a fair while to clear the house before they were able to get back outside.

While they were in the house an up-and-coming folk-hero noticed they'd left their car door unlocked, so opened it and let the hand-brake off... I missed it completely but was able to see the carnage created later as it rolled back down the hill... crash, bang wallop - what a picture!

Of course, I wouldn't like to big-up damage to public property but it tickled my youthful bones that night I can tell you...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I was at a party in a house at the top of a hill once, and it got pretty busy and loud, so the police came to break it up at about 3am. There was a good hundred people in the place so it took them a fair while to clear the house before they were able to get back outside.

While they were in the house an up-and-coming folk-hero noticed they'd left their car door unlocked, so opened it and let the hand-brake off... I missed it completely but was able to see the carnage created later as it rolled back down the hill... crash, bang wallop - what a picture!

Of course, I wouldn't like to big-up damage to public property but it tickled my youthful bones that night I can tell you...

That must have been quite a site!

Interesting that they left the keys in the car..... guess they just weren't thinking about that and were focused on getting the people they were chasing (at least that should be their excuse!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: