CNN's 'Live From...' aired live from the ladies room

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ap1979

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: CNN's 'Live From...' aired live from the ladies room Reply with quote

NEW YORK (AP) - Kyra Phillips, anchor of CNN's Live From, unwittingly upstaged President George W. Bush's speech in New Orleans with an on-air analysis of her husband and the marriage of her brother - all live from a CNN ladies room.

Unaware that her wireless microphone was live during her break, Phillips could be heard overriding Bush's prepared address Tuesday as he was seen marking the first anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.

The Atlanta-based Phillips, in conversation with an unidentified woman in an echoey room, dismissed most men with a vulgar term, but called herself "very lucky in that regard. My husband is handsome and he is genuinely a loving - you know, no ego - you know what I'm saying? Just a really passionate, compassionate, great, great human being. And they exist. They do exist. They're hard to find. Yup. But they are out there."

A few moments later, she observed that "brothers have to be, you know, protective. Except for mine. I've got to be protective of him."

Why? "His wife is just a control freak."

At that point, another voice cut in: "Kyra."

"Yeah, baby?" replied Phillips on hearing her name.

"Your mike is on. Turn it off. It's been on the air."

CNN anchor Daryn Kagan, looking flustered, then broke into the telecast with a recap of what Bush had been saying.

Phillips later apologized to viewers "for an issue we had with our mikes" and "for a little bit of an interruption there during the president."

CNN issued its own official apology "to our viewers and the president for the disruption," and apologized to the White House.

In a subsequent statement, CNN explained the mishap as "a technical malfunction with the audio board. We're addressing how this happened and why it was not more promptly corrected on air."

Oh CNN!!!

Here is the website for a look at the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp7QhEeQF_o
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just never know when the mike is on..... maybe it should be practice to turn the mike off before going to the washroom! At least we didn't hear anything too disgusting Shocked
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for the link ap - I'd heard about it, but not actually heard it...

I don't really see what the big fuss is about it though
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching Bush and all of a sudden heard that. I was telling faceless about it when I was listening.

Everyone makes mistakes so it's no big deal really. I love seeing people screw up like that. It usually gives people a laugh....unless they're the sister-inlaw of course Laughing
ap1979

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it must have been a slow news day because everyone was making a bigger deal of it then anything else. I just wonder how her brother's girlfriend will respond to Kyra saying she all those things about her..lol
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ap1979 wrote:
I think it must have been a slow news day because everyone was making a bigger deal of it then anything else. I just wonder how her brother's girlfriend will respond to Kyra saying she all those things about her..lol

It's actually his wife so I'm thinking things will be a bit chilly at the ole family Christmas gathering Shocked
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that nobody's really upset at not hearing what Bush had to say. Laughing
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent stuff!

There's also a follow up link on Guba to the Letterman show where she comes on and does the Top 10

She's a good sport, thats for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7UAS-7YtJ4&NR
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who interupts Bush should be given a medal for making an otherwise boring speech something to talk about at the water cooler. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: