Viva Palestina convoy going through Syria
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Viva Palestina convoy going through Syria Reply with quote

I can almost see their point, but other convoys went through Libya and Egypt while they were both under control of unelected leaders who killed their own citizens and nothing was said about that. Also, the suggestion that the items given and money donated to one cause should go to another, which might not be supported by the donaters, is unacceptable.

The Sunni/Shia situation is very important, but taking sides would be damaging to the whole cause.
joepiano

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, a media outlet is selectively quoting GG. I am so tired of this. Let's just hope the convoy gets through to Palestine and trust it's members arrive safely.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this facebook update from Viva Palestina Australia earlier:

I wonder if 'They're terrorists" is an official position that Viva Palestina has taken? If so, that's not good. Here's the video they linked.

jimmy

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's unfortunately quite clear that the "free syrian army" is littered with terrorists, common opportunistic criminals, and deranged supremacists acting at the behest of countries like qatar and ksa. some of their actions exceed the familiar brutality of the syrian army...sadly, global mainstream media supresses any defamatory suggestions against these bin ladenites.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you get your statements of fact from? The Syrian government? You sound like a Brit from the 60s describing the IRA. Fuck any government which uses tank shells/mortars or other indiscriminate force to massacre its own people.

Do you think that every Sunni is a 'bin ladenite'?
jimmy

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i certainly don't get my "statements of fact" from rags and circus media outlets like aljazeera, bbcnews, and their affiliates. the problem in syria is much bigger and more complex than this oversimplified, two dimensional, narrow view of the government using tanks and shells against some of its belligerent citizens...and i must stress the word "some" as you should know very well that a significant number of syrians support the government.
that being said the syrian government has always been known to be cowardly and brutal...but to support a movement that has been entirely hijacked by foreign powers in conjunction with saudi/qatari wahhabists, local salafists, subcontracted criminal mercenaries, and a variety of other vile hoodlums for the purpose of replacing the syrian state is foolish.

their motto of the "fall of the regime" is misleading...they want the dissolution of the state and its institutions just as we have so clearly seen in libya and iraq.

and to answer your question, no not all sunnis are bin ladenites. i am a sunni myself.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where do you get your statements of fact from then?

If you think that my position of condemning any bastard government which kills civilians indiscriminately is foolish then I couldn't care less what else you think - you're validating institutional murder and torture on a huge scale for the sake of your own 'sophisticated' political agenda.

Do you think it's better to be murdered by your own government's bullets than by someone else's?

As for you being Sunni - why then are you saying that all these people wanting justice are 'bin ladenites'? That's just emotive bullshit which condemns them all to the lunatic fringe for the sake of your political agenda; whatever that is.
amzdani

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bin ladenites ? lol that's a new one !
amzdani

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for iraq , well you must know who paved the way for the invasion by now( here's a hint : those in charge of iraq now )
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video was released today and shows very gruesome footage of children murdered by the Syrian military.

I got 30 seconds in - don't click the box, or play, unless you're prepared to see the reality of the situation.

Hidden: 

jimmy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amzdani wrote:
as for iraq , well you must know who paved the way for the invasion by now( here's a hint : those in charge of iraq now )

indeed, completely in tandem with uncle sam of course
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You described all the people who are standing up against the Syrian government as 'bin ladenites' and now you're saying that it's wrong to make assumptions... Brilliant. No shame at all. Are these dead kids Bin Ladenites too?

So, explain how the rebels killed all these kids in one place at one time? Their parents just agreed to say it was someone else who murdered them, right?
jimmy

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bin ladenite label was in reference to a significant portion of the militants involved in the anarchy. again, the details of the massacre are vague. why do people, such as yourself, afford the israelis due process (in the form of UN inquiries and NGO reports) in the aftermath of their blatant atrocities but you deny such scrutiny to those that you oppose out of sectarian spite and non-comformity to western imperialism?

if we are to be specific regarding the houla massacre and base arguments on simple logic we should ask ourselves a few questions.

what benefit does the government have in killing children? it's not like they can afford anymore bad PR..

if the casualties were a result of indiscriminate shelling why were their injuries clearly the result of small arms/blades/etc as the UN observers indicated? did the army shell them then go in to kill them again? it's a joke.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're apparently interested only in pushing the anti-Israel agenda. Do you care about these kids, or about their families?
SuBSynK

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me that no one can say with any certainty who commited the Houla massacre.

Reports/opinions seem to vary depending on the source and bias reporting is rife.

No chance some of them injuries were caused by shelling though. Some of them injuries were sustained at point blank and some had knife wounds...

I myself am very wary of blaming the Syrian government for ALL the killing, especially when Israel/Saudi/USA are obviously arming the FSA and the FSA have admitted to commiting several terror acts already.

To suggest this is a "popular uprising" like the BBC/Aljazzera constantly do though really is far from the truth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: