George Galloway is an excellent constituency MP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MegaChairmanMao

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: George Galloway is an excellent constituency MP Reply with quote

Most of the media negativity and falsehoods that have been printed about GG over the last few days (he's a secret Muslim, only popular with Asians, etc) are easily debunked and don't deserve a response. Another standard hack journalist line has been that he only cares about foreign policy and doesn't give a damn about Bradford. Here's an article that proves that claim is equally full of shit:

Quote:
The George Galloway that the people of Glasgow say they know is quite different from the showy Commons performer and Labour party irritant. In Glasgow he is regarded simply as a fixer: a pensioners' bus service; an asylum seeker's complaint - the bread and butter of British politics.

"People have this idea of George as the MP for the West Bank and not the west end of Glasgow and it's not true," said the constituency chairman, Mark Craig.

One senior Westminster politician tells of an elderly widowed aunt who lives in Galloway's constituency and became the target of vandals. She wrote to her MP, without mentioning her political link, to ask for help. "He got in touch with the chief constable who put a police car in front of her house for three days," the MP said yesterday. "Although she is a west of Scotland Tory lady, my aunt thinks George Galloway walks on water."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2003/apr/23/uk.iraq4
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had to go to him about anything when he was my MP, but he always seemed to be available.
luke

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its the same with his last constituency in london, i've read previously that his constituency office was on top form, but you wouldn't know it from the media coverage the last few days.
Quetelet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says much for one individual that he can make the tabloids twitch en masse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: