Rangers go into admin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Rangers go into admin Reply with quote

If they really go under, can the rest survive?

Can Celtic, for instance, survive without the money they get from the ol' firm derbies ? I'm not sure ..
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they'll actually disappear. From what I've been reading, the current chairman is the chief creditor, so he would be the first to get his money if it did collapse. Apparently they're just playing a game of duck and dive to avoid paying taxes which they've already deducted from employee's wages.

Even if it collapses, I'm sure they'd just start up under a slightly different name. They've certainly got the vocal support at least.

btw, if you see Rangers fan crying about it - tell them you're eating jelly and ice cream... it seems to be the meem of the moment... haha
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18049325BBC Sport

Looks like someone is going to keep them going....
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not often I wish I was a multi-millionaire - but if I could have got Rangers for £8.5m it would definitely be worth it just to make them play in green shirts...

the average blue-nose would explode. haha
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! I know EXACTLY how feel....because the Arse playing in blue would be brilliant!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Galloway wants Rangers to be pursued for £14m in tax
Andrew Argo,
29 January 2013
thecourier.co.uk (Dundee)

Dundee-born MP George Galloway wants the Government to tackle Rangers for £14 million in tax withheld by the Ibrox club before it went into administration. The Respect politician has tabled an early day motion in the House of Commons aimed at stopping Rangers from “sidestepping their liabilities”. His move has been supported so far by only three MPs, including Dundee West Labour member Jim McGovern. It may struggle to gain enough support to be formally debated in Westminster but it has attracted a range of comments from fans on the internet.

As member of parliament for Bradford West, Mr Galloway is toasting the triumph of Bradford City in reaching the final of the Capital One Cup at Wembley. The former Harris Academy pupil, who began his political career as secretary-organiser of the Labour Party in Dundee, has been irked by Rangers going into liquidation with massive debts but re-emerging as a newco. Although now playing in the Scottish third division, they have held on to their Ibrox home and are challenging any moves to strip them of the trophies and titles they have collected since their formation in 1873.

Mr Galloway’s early day motion states that the House notes that the owners of the club now playing in the Scottish Third Division called Rangers claim that it is the same club with the same history as the liquidated club also known as Rangers. It further notes that £14 million in VAT and PAYE was withheld in the run-up to administration by the previous Rangers, and further notes that the club is now cash-rich through a share issue which raised in excess of £20 million.

It calls on MPs to condemn “the use of insolvency laws to avoid paying tax owed”. It also calls on the Government “to take steps to reclaim the outstanding monies from Rangers and to bring forward legislative proposals to prevent clubs and companies sidestepping their liabilities through liquidation and then carrying on trading with effectively the same name and in exactly the same business”.

Rangers yesterday declined to comment on the move by Mr Galloway, which the MP’s office admitted he had raised “to air an opinion and seek interest and support inside parliament and beyond”. There is sympathy in Dundee for the MP’s motion, with one fan on the Dundee United Mad website posting: “Never let them forget, sock it to them George.” Reaction to Mr Galloway on Rangers fans’ sites was hostile, with supporters accusing him of hatred for the Ibrox club.

Last night, Jim McGovern came to his fellow Dundonian’s defence, saying: “What happened to Rangers is something that should concern all Scottish football fans, including Rangers fans. There are other issues at stake as well. Rangers Football Club is a company like any other, and it has become an increasingly worrying trend that some companies have been able to use insolvency laws to avoid paying their taxes and repaying debts to small suppliers after the company is reformed. This is an issue that goes beyond football and must be addressed. I believe this is the point the early day motion was trying to make.”

Chris Allan, an expert in insolvency law with Dundee legal firm Thorntons, said: “This motion is asking for a fairly fundamental rewriting of insolvency law and I would think it unlikely to succeed.”

-----------

You can see the sort of comments that Rangers fans are leaving on this forum CLICK. "Hope the fucker gets AIDS' is one, while "I hope he gets every kind of cancer going" is another.

And they wonder why they're hated by everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: