Hetti Bywater - Lucy Beale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Hetti Bywater - Lucy Beale Reply with quote

HETTI BYWATER READY TO CROWN CRACKING YEAR WITH TOP HONOUR
Susan Hill
DAILY STAR SUNDAY
23rd September 2012

HETTI Bywater will take home the Best Newcomer crown at tomorrow’s Inside Soap Awards – confirming her as Albert Square’s hottest blonde. The actress, who plays Lucy Beale, took over as café boss Ian’s troublesome daughter in January after bosses decided to recast the character.

In the battle for the award she faced stiff competition from Corrie’s Natalie Gumede (who plays Kirsty Soames), Emmerdale’s Gemma Oaten (Rachel Breckle) and Hollyoaks actor Steven Roberts (George Smith) after readers of Inside Soap magazine voted in their thousands. Stunning Hetti, 17, was “thrilled” when she discovered she had won and is looking forward to collecting her gong tomorrow at the annual London gathering of the biggest stars in the business.

An awards insider told the Daily Star Sunday: “Hetti was so excited when she was nominated, so to have won has left her totally thrilled. She’s worked hard over the last few months and has been involved in a number of very emotional and gripping storylines. It’s never easy replacing another actor in a role but she’s made it her own and really deserves the recognition. She’s a sweet girl and everyone is really happy for her.” Our source went on: “This was a really tough category for her to win, especially given that it was Corrie’s Natalie Gumede who won it at the British Soap Awards. “I think a lot of people were expecting her to win it again. But this time it was Hetti and EastEnders’ time.”

Leggy Hetti took over the role of Lucy after bosses axed Melissa Suffield, who had been in the role for six years. She made her debut at the funeral of family friend Pat Evans in January, where Lucy was shocked to discover her dad had hooked up with scheming Mandy Salter. Lucy did everything in her power to split the pair up but was devastated when her dad left her after being ditched by Mandy on their wedding day. But as she struggled to look after little brother Bobby and run the Beale empire, viewers got to see a different side of the former brat.

An EastEnders insider added: “We’ve seen Lucy really grow up on screen over the last few months, playing mum to Bobby and running her dad’s businesses. As she struggled to cope with it all we got to see her vulnerable side too. There’s also been some really touching scenes with her dad Ian as he tries to come to terms with his illness. But Lucy will always be Cindy’s daughter and will always have that side of her personality, which is very interesting for the soap’s writers. And with Hetti proving so popular with viewers they’re planning even bigger things for her over the next few months.”

Inside Soap editor Steven Murphy said: “This year Inside Soap readers have been voting in their thousands – and the competition is hotter than ever. I can’t wait to reveal the winners – there will be a few shocks, I can tell you!”

--------------

in-depth reporting from the Daily Star there! haha
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, yeah....that's all great, but Hetti...EAT A SANDWICH!!!!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had trouble adjusting to her as Lucy, at first, but am more used to her now. She's not bad at all.

But I have to agree with Spurs....eat something!!!!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, she seemed too polished or something. The other actress had to ability to look more evil too. I like Hetti. She has made the character her own within the confines of being "Lucy", but that girl is painfully thin. It brings tears to my eyes when she wears skinny jeans. I want to send her the price of a cup a coffee a day...which is now $1...so she can eat!! Laughing
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the other "Lucy" in a few episodes of Casualty, awhile ago, and she really played a very similar character to Lucy, although somewhat less "evil". I suspect she's typecast as I haven't seen her in anything since.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with both of you. I think the actress does a great job and she is seriously channeling Cyndi! However, some protein and a bit of fat wouldn't go amiss in her diet!

Of course, the poor girl may have hypothyroid problems but I don't think that's it.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should send her a care package. Laughing
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...all fattening stuff...from the US, Canada and the UK. Can't send a care package without HobNobs...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: