how cool is this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: how cool is this Reply with quote

click the 360 if you just get the static picture - i'm talking of the spinning technique and not the trainer ( although i like the trainer as well )

i've done a few shops in the past and would have loved to have been able to do this. thinking about it now it shouldn't be that difficult. i'm hopefully doing a site for a restaurant who also do their own jerk sauces and stuff - i'm going to have to sell them this technique to display their meals - for an extra charge of course Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you do it with video or single frames? Single frames would take longer, but the definition would be better.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking video - doing it in single frames would take ages. you'd need to turn it in tiny little increments - there would be hundreds of pictures ( if thats what you meant ).

i don't think video would be that bad definition. my camera does quite big video - you'd shrink that down i reckon it would look alright. i might try it out on something. gonna have to work out how to get a smooth spin on something first ...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I think a good camera to take stills to be honest. For food it would probably be much better than video
luke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it might have to be stills, i can't work out how i'd get something to rotate ... although as i typed this i just thought of a record player, but thats probably going to be too fast

doing stills would solve that problem, just have to be careful that the increments are small enough so that the finished animation wouldn't be jerky. it'll be a lot more time consuming though
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a record player should do it - and you could put a paper template round the edge with 360 degrees marked off, with a guide point on the player, like a compass. That way you'd get it at all angles. I'd guess maybe 60 pics would do a really nice job, but that might be a fairly large file
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only my opinion,

I think it's 12 fps flash. Instead of turning the shoe, which is what I think they did, it's not centered very well, put the camera on a train on a circular train set track, zoom in, place it a bit above the ground so you won't see the track, it could be centered perfectly, it'll need to be for a plate of grub Smile

A duplo train would work nicely, no wires, wide track, and cheap ... If you're serious Luke I could do an experiment with our lads kit ..

edit,

http://www.orbitvu.com/

google:

360 degree turntable photography
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: