Royal Wedding guff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's on Eastenders now... be prepared!
luke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/4/29/johann_hari_frenzy_around_britains_royal
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

only 2 grand... form an ordourly queue!
khanie

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I'll take 12!!!! Laughing
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i must say that i prefer the sick bags
Bob

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All just a bit mental....though our little one loved the pomp and wants the ring :/
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicar told to pay £3,500 fee for spoof wedding video to charity
Jonathan Petre
15th May 2011

A controversial clergyman accused of mocking the Royal Family after he hired out his church for a spoof Royal Wedding video has been urged by his bosses to give the money to charity. The Rev Dr Martin Dudley charged £3,500 for the use of his City of London church to make the film in which Royal Family and Archbishop of Canterbury lookalikes cavort down the nave to the song House Of Love by Nineties boyband East 17.

The rector has now come under pressure from the Archdeacon of London, David Meara, who oversees clergy conduct, to donate the money to one of Prince William’s charities after complaints that the video was ‘cheap and common’.

The two-minute film promoting mobile-phone company T-Mobile has become an internet sensation and has been viewed 20 million times since it was posted on YouTube a month ago. In the video, an Archbishop Rowan Williams lookalike is seen prancing towards the altar followed by a bottom-bumping Prince Charles and Camilla, a clapping Queen and a pelvis-thrusting Prince Harry. The congregation breaks into cheers when a lookalike Prince William leap-frogs his brother and fist-pumps the air before pointing at his bride. A Kate Middleton impersonator, in a strapless gown, hip-grinds with the Prince before dancing up to the altar.

T-Mobile said the advertisement, which was made by Saatchi & Saatchi, was ‘a congratulatory message to William and Kate as well as a way of capturing the nation’s celebratory mood’. But a senior cleric complained to the Archdeacon of London that it was ‘embarrassing’. The Archdeacon operates as the ‘ears and eyes’ of the Bishop of London, Richard Chartres, a close friend of Prince Charles. The unnamed cleric said: ‘Do we have to stand by and be embarrassed by this, especially when the Church of England is trying to encourage weddings in church? It makes a mockery of the whole thing.’ He suggested Dr Dudley, whose medieval church of St Bartholomew the Great has featured in the film Four Weddings And A Funeral, could give the money to charity ‘to sweeten the taste in the mouth’.

A spokesman for the Archdeacon said he had told Dr Dudley that it would be a ‘nice gesture’ if the rector donated the proceeds to Prince William’s wedding charity or other charities of his choice. In what will be seen as a rap over the knuckles, the Archdeacon added that if the rector received similar ‘sensitive’ requests in the future, the diocese could ‘give advice and guidance’. Church authorities are powerless to prevent clergy from hiring out church buildings except in exceptional circumstances.

Dr Dudley, who was rebuked by Bishop Chartres in 2008 after he conducted a gay ‘marriage’ between two priests in his church, dismissed the criticisms and said he was not able to give away the money. ‘I think it is a sense-of-humour failure,’ he said. ‘I wasn’t there at the filming of it but I thought the video was tremendously amusing and was just creating a sense of joy around the wedding.’

He said that under charity rules, all money from filming had to be used for the promotion of the work of the church within the parish. He added: ‘Therefore I am not at liberty to do anything.’
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blah
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did a good job with him (although his hair looks a little on the thick side! Laughing), but she looks just like Barbie!! I saw an add for these a couple of months ago and they are $155! Crazy! But truthfully as far as collector items go, they did a lovely job, IMHO.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great... £11 for a £1 cup, with Prince Harry sitting in for William! Kerching!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the "so special" on the bottom make it even better Laughing
luke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha so after mixing william and harry up, the new cup posted above has a picture of the queens now dead mum instead of the queen!

the guardian has a collection of jubilee tat, although i'm quite liking the ice queen scoop!

Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw so much of it while I was over there. Too much to even list it all. Of course, I'm now home and still can't escape the coverage on the news. At least places don't have all the junk to go with it.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassetteboy vs The Queen

Laughing thumbs
Twirley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassetteboy did a pretty good job there! :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: