Paul O'Grady held at US airport over communist fears

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Paul O'Grady held at US airport over communist fears Reply with quote

Paul O'Grady held at US airport over communist fears

obviously subversive communist material designed to start a revolution to overthrow the capitalist system

Paul O'Grady has revealed that he was held by officials at a US airport because they thought he was a communist.

The TV presenter said he was taken aside for questioning at Miami airport by staff who made the assumption because of his 'funny' accent.

He was then held for two hours while an officer accused him of being an 'illegal alien' from Cuba.

He told listeners of his Radio 2 show: "How could I be accused of being an illegal Cuban alien? Do I look Cuban? Do I sound Cuban?"

He added: "I've been to hell, folks - it's called Miami airport."

The Channel 4 star was later released after the customs officials studied his passport and found no links with Cuba

from http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/blog/article/234116/

how ridiculous Laughing i've included the video for people who don't know who paul o'grady is ...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just as well he didn't turn up as Lily Savage... he'd probably be in guantanamo by now!
luke

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

here he is as lily savage for those that don't know

you can listen to him here its about 9.25 in ( although he doesn't say much on it )
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds a bit like bunk, mainly for the fact that it's not illegal to be a communist......lol!! He can shout loud and proud that he's a communist if he were to be one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
luke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its because they thought he had a cuban accent - and if you're cuban, well you're obviously communist and up to no good - the only good communists are the chinese ones that take on so much of that american debt and can produce cheap goods for walmart wink

another report;

Paul O'Grady was held in the USA suspicion of being an illegal alien from Cuba - because of his "funny" accent.

The Liverpudlian chat show king was dragged into a holding room at Miami airport and detained for two hours.

Last night furious O'Grady, 54, revealed how he was made to feel like a criminal by rude officials, who confiscated his passport.

He said: "Every time I said, 'Excuse me, can you tell me why am I here?', they just ignored me. It was so rude."

Quizzed on when he had last visited Cuba, O'Grady replied: "I said, 'You've been studying my passport for the last hour and you can see I've never been to Cuba in my life'.

"Then this guy said to me, 'He thinks you're a Cuban immigrant'. I said, 'cos I look Cuban, don't I?'" The Channel 4 host, who was on his way home from a holiday in Peru, added: "I've just been to hell folks and it's called Miami airport."
luke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul O’Grady on the budget cuts

modern

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul O'Grady supports student protestors:

pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if he'd support them if they destroyed his home during their criminal rampages. I'm very doubtful of that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
modern

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it, after all, it's not him making the ideological budget cuts...
luke

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirty, would you have been against women's right to vote if the suffragettes had smashed one of your windows in one of their 'rampages'?

anyway, i'm interested - regardless of the tactics of a few out of the 50,000 that protested - do you support the aims of the students? i'm guessing ... you probably don't ... i'd guess you're probably in support of universities charging whatever they can get away with - but i might be wrong?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: