The Scheme
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Full shows (streaming)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reject

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: The Scheme Reply with quote

The Scheme
An observed documentary series following the dramatic and often emotional highs and lows of daily life for six different families all living in one large housing scheme in Kilmarnock. From parents battling to keep their kids on the straight and narrow to people fighting for community projects, the series offers a snapshot of life in modern day Scotland.

------------

The Estate
A series that does the same thing as The Scheme, though this time based in Northern Ireland.

Thanks to Augustgem
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh, this doc sounds very interesting. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
reject

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you reckon Face.. pretty accurate so far?

It amazes me the uncanny similarities with some Irish estates over here....
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was pretty genuine for sure - and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

I was thinking about how much money that woman who lets the waifs and strays stay in her house has saved the government. Must be a lot. Although, to be fair, if that blond lassie with the kid wanted to stay at mine I'd not exactly be thinking of excuses...
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband and I just got finished watching this. It was pretty good, although we had a bit of trouble understanding some of what they say because of the accents. I love this kind of stuff. Thanks again!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality show confessions
POLICE SET TO QUIZ STARS OF THE SCHEME
Scheme is just sick TV entertainment. Programme shows social decay..but there is no reason to screen it.
James Mulholland,
23/05/2010
newsoftheworld.co.uk

CANNY cops are already hooked on new fly-on-the- wall show The Scheme - hoping to collar hapless on-screen crooks. Eagle-eyed officers are keenly following the antics in the BBC1 documentary, which features residents of a tough Kilmarnock estate.

A police source said: "Some folk on the show are known crooks and the first episode could already have landed some of them in hot water. We'll be watching closely to see what they get up to - or even just boast about."

In Tuesday's first episode - shot on the Onthank estate last year - single mum Kay McCutcheon, 37, gave an alibi for a lad being quizzed about a robbery. She later confessed on camera it was a LIE. And when cops called at her home, her daughter's boyfriend FLED because there's a warrant out for his arrest.

Junkie Marvin Baird, 30 - busted on a drugs rap during filming - has even gone into hiding over fears about his onscreen antics. A friend said: "He thinks cops will pinch him for his behaviour. He says a lot of stupid things in the next few weeks. He's so daft."

Our police source added: "We couldn't believe our eyes when we saw the first episode. God knows what the next ones will reveal."

-----------------------
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing It's like Jerry Springer tv. I personally wouldn't air my daily dirty laundry, but I don't mind being entertained by others daily dirty laundry. Laughing
johrae

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
johrae

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Face, I've been away from Scotland for years but used to live in a scheme like that. Brought back many memories, not all good but loved it never the less. Never mind the smoking, seen any one in a Kilmarnock strip yet? The ugly sisters rule supreme.....
reject

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How The Scheme's dog star Bullet left Kilmarnock for London - and lost a leg
May 24 2010 Exclusive by Mark McGivern

With his film star looks and Jack-the-lad attitude, he stole the show in BBC Scotland's surprise ratings smash, The Scheme. Lovable bull terrier Bullet made the biggest Scottish showbiz breakthrough since Susan Boyle. After his debut appearance last week, however, the tale of Bullet the Dug took on a mysterious and tragic twist.

Rumours spread like wildfire that the playful white pooch had died since the six part series set in Kilmarnock's tough Onthank estate was filmed last year. More than 10,000 viewers who signed up for appreciation pages on Facebook dedicated to Bullet the Dug were devastated at the news, leading to scores of RIP messages being posted. The grim tidings also had Bullet's former owner, drug addict Marvin Baird, in a depressed state, as he had hoped to be reunited with his soulmate after his most recent drugs-related prison stretch.

But today, the Record has tracked down Scotland's favourite mutt to his new home - 400 miles away in west London. And, as fans of the fly-on-the-wall documentary would expect, there are more than a few twists and turns. Five-year-old Bullet Baird is now known as Bullwinkle - and lost a leg in one of his many scrapes.

Bullet's incredible journey began last August while Marvin's girlfriend Dayna was living in Ardgour Place, in Onthank, awaiting his release from jail. Viewers of The Scheme are already familiar with the pooch's continual bids for freedom, which is exactly what he did when Dayna opened the door to a friend. Sadly, while running free he is thought to have been hit by a car, leaving him badly injured, with the bone protruding through his skin on a rear quarter.

Bullet was rounded up by community wardens in Kilmarnock, who took him to Kilmarnock Police Station. From there, he was taken to the Southfield Kennels in Mauchline, where he was held for seven days as a stray. Bullet was then taken to kennels associated with the Dogs Trust in Dumfries, where he was given extensive attention by vets for his injuries.

By November last year, he down to the Dogs Trust centre in Uxbridge, where he sadly faced the operation to amputate the leg, which had not responded to two lesser operations. Staff at the kennels took him to their heart in exactly the same way as viewers of The Scheme, regarding him a hero for coming through the operation in such good heart. They were gutted when he finally found new owners in the area last week.

The blurb attached to the charity's advertisement to get a new home for, er, Bullwinkle, showed the loss of a leg had not dampened his spirit of adventure. It read: "Bullwinkle is a very friendly chap that loves everyone that he meets. He is suitable to live with children four and upwards. He loves going out for walks and walks well on a harness, he loves to play with his toys especially soft toys (as he is a softy himself!). New owners should have at least a 6ft fence as he can jump 4ft with ease even with his three legs!"

A spokeswoman for the Dogs Trust said last night: "It was very difficult to track the little guy down, as he came in as a stray with no name then was moved south. After the initial surgery he was transferred to our centre in west London in November, where he remained until last week, when he was successfully rehomed with a lovely family. They have really fallen in love with him and they don't know about the dog's history. "Sadly, the damage to his leg was quite severe and the vet decided there was no choice but to amputate, but he seems to have dealt with the loss of a leg quite well. He is a totally lovable dog and everyone at the centre fell in love with him. I am told they are missing him already. Sadly, now he has been rehomed it's too late for him to be returned to a previous owner. We realise he was originally called Bullet but I'm told that he has been renamed Bullwinkle.

"The reason we had him so long is that he had such serious issues with his leg. He spent a considerable time with foster owners, which went very well. He had two further operations with us and they were unsuccessful, so the amputation was unavoidable. Nonetheless he is a very upbeat and happy chap."

Marvin, 30, was delighted to discover his beloved dog was still alive - but less than happy about the name change. He said last night: ""Bullwinkle? That's bulls***." Desperate Marvin is one of the leading lights in the documentary about the lives and social problems on the deprived Ayrshire estate.

He and girlfriend Dayna, 19, had hoped to track down and reclaim Bullet after securing a council flat with a garden in Hurlford. He said: "I'll be looking into this because Bullet will be missing me as much as I'm missing him. It's heartbreaking to think that he has lost a leg but great to hear he is still alive. I heard all the rumours about him getting hit by a bus and killed but I never believed it. always knew he was somewhere. Me I always knew he was alive somewhere. Me and Bullet have an incredible bond and I knew he was alive. I will be making inquiries to get him back. If he has only been with new owners for a week then they won't have a proper bond with him. I think I should be allowed to meet him and if he goes to me instead of the new people I should get him back. If he goes to them I'll be happy that he is happy."

Marvin said he had kicked his heroin habit and is on a stable methadone programme. He added: "Dayna and I could look after Bullet no problem. If we do get him back there will be none of this 'Bullwinkle' rubbish. That's just not right. It doesn't suit him."

The Scheme has become an instant hit for BBC Scotland and ratings have gone through the roof, achieving 27 per cent of total viewer numbers on Tuesday.

Daily Record

............................................................................................................................................................................................

Bullet Fae the Scheme. (FB group)
Feck me over 10,000 members!!!
luke

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheme Transmission Postponed by Legal Action

A documentary series about families living in a large housing estate in Kilmarnock has had its screening halted because of legal action.

Although the proposed screening of BBC Scotland's The Scheme this evening is still going ahead, the next two - and final - episodes have been postponed to a later date pending legal action following the arrest of a person not yet seen on screen in the series.

The BBC has therefore taken the view that the final two episodes should be shown after the legal issues relating to the person who has been arrested are resolved.

Tonight's episode takes place on BBC One Scotland, at 10.35pm, with a statement at the end of the transmission explaining the delay.

The Scheme is described as "an observed documentary series following the dramatic and often emotional highs and lows of daily life for six different families all living in one large housing scheme in Kilmarnock".

The description continues: "From parents battling to keep their kids on the straight and narrow to people fighting for community projects, the series offers a snapshot of life in modern day Scotland."
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bugger. I actually forgot it was on tonight... for shame! Hopefully I can get it elsewhere tomorrow.
luke

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they didn't even show it down here, its only on bbc scotland - although it'll be on the iplayer sometime soon
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some bits from the facebook group -

Dana's bebo page - CLICK

Petition to get Marvin on Big Brother - CLICK
reject

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye its up on iplayer now..

tbh Im not surprised the BBC are postponing the series.. Whoever was editing, left people very open to 'legal action' at best...

Pity though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Full shows (streaming) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: