Any LaTeX user

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Any LaTeX user Reply with quote

I've been using LaTeX (aka, TeX) for the last 1.5+ years. It's simply brilliant. I realised that I haven't shared my experience with you guys. In short (, for those who don't know), it is MS Word (or similar things') substitute, but it does the job quite differently and in a much better way. Oh, it's a freeware.

Although the initial learning curve is very steep, but I can promise you, it's worth the effort. For a start Download MikTeX (- that's your library of stiffs) and TexIncCentre (<- your .tex editor). Then to get you started get The Not So Short Introduction to LaTeX2e from CTAN.

Visit CTAN: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/lshort/english/
and get lshort.pdf file from the list for the intro on LaTeX.

For help I use latex-community forum: http://www.latex-community.org/forum/
Very useful site (from very basic to advanced) and the people over there are quite helpful.

Now I like it so much that I haven't used ms word or open office or powerpoint thingy for my own work for the last 7-6 months.

ash Smile
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the heads up. I have to convince my wife that there is more to life than word ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: