BBC Canada to cancel EastEnders
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: BBC Canada to cancel EastEnders Reply with quote

I just read a report that as of April the 16th BBC Canada are to stop broadcasting EastEnders. Apparently they're just not getting enough viewers. I wonder if anyone in Canada will fly thousands of miles to protest outside some office like people did when EastEnders was cancelled in the US a few years back?
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See what happens when you win the Gold in hockey??? You have to pay the devil somehow... Laughing That is so sad...I know what we went thru, so eefan, I feel for ya! At least you have Face!!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That burns my ass. I wonder if they will play the same old shit over and over again. I don't know why they bother at all having BBC here in the US or Canada if all they play is crap shows over and over again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that just made my frickin' day! Sad So they'll still play endless reruns of Jonathon Ross, Graham Norton & Escape to the Country, but not EE???

Even though I watch the most current stuff, I do still enjoy watching the older episodes -- sometimes you forget stuff that's happened, or you can catch a particularly good episode.

Maybe I need to remove BBC from my channel line up, then we'll see what happens to their ratings.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear it, eefan. Trust me, I feel your pain. At one point, BBC America broadcast both the current (only about 2-3 weeks behind?) EE episodes weekly as well as re-running the original episodes every morning. It was awesome.

The upside of of this is, of course, was all of the EE fans who turned to the web after BBC America suddenly cancelled EE. Mad

So, after travelling on the old "Underground" site (where I first "met" face and a bunch of current 'Trippers (including you, right?)), I ended up here on the Couch! AND I re-discovered Corrie! AND met a bunch hockey fans -- RESULT! dancer
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks big time for sure! But site attendance may rise even more now after this news!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:
Sorry to hear it, eefan. Trust me, I feel your pain. At one point, BBC America broadcast both the current (only about 2-3 weeks behind?) EE episodes weekly as well as re-running the original episodes every morning. It was awesome.

The upside of of this is, of course, was all of the EE fans who turned to the web after BBC America suddenly cancelled EE. Mad

So, after travelling on the old "Underground" site (where I first "met" face and a bunch of current 'Trippers (including you, right?)), I ended up here on the Couch! AND I re-discovered Corrie! AND met a bunch hockey fans -- RESULT! dancer

Indeed, we did meet here Kez Very Happy It was when I first got my laptop and discovered the world of torrents that I thought "what can I try to download?" and thought it would be nice to get a "current" episode of EE..... then I came on the Couch. Many happy years spent here Smile Smile Smile

I've just fired off an email to BBC Canada - not sure how much good that will do, but I felt better for it. I'm sure I'll get the standard form letter response back, but I don't give a shit because this weekend I'm cancelling the channel. Why pay for something I won't watch?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddy55

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well canada has a better lineup than we do with bbc america thay can keep EE for me would love corrie over here
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched in so long, that I don't even know what they show anymore... Sorry eefan...I feel your pain...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the BBC's response:

Thank you for contacting BBC CANADA. We appreciate your feedback about
the removal of the Saturday omnibus of EastEnders from our schedule.

We realize the loyal fans of EastEnders will be disappointed by our
imminent changes to the schedule. Unfortunately, due to the consistent
and overall poor performance on BBC CANADA, EastEnders will no longer
air as of Friday, April 16, 2010. We recognize the show has a keen and
avid following and appreciate their viewing loyalty. However, tough
financial decisions have to be made about what shows we air. In the
meantime, the BBC is looking for a new home for the show and we hope to
have some good news to share in the near future.

Please be advised that you can watch EastEnders on BBC CANADA until
Friday, April 16, Monday through Friday at 12 and 4 pm ET.

We hope that you continue to watch BBC CANADA and enjoy many of the
great programs from Britain that we have to offer, including: Top Gear,
Antiques Roadshow, Escape to the Country, Fantasy Homes by the Sea,
Absolutely Fabulous as well as many new, never before seen dramas. For
further information, including our online schedule, please visit
www.bbccanada.com

Sincerely,
BBC CANADA Viewer Relations
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very similar "Dear John" letter we all got shafted with. The only difference is, they didn't give any glimmer of hope with a line such as "the BBC is looking for a new home for the show and we hope to have some good news to share in the near future." Dirty cock knockers, every single one of them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that is basically the same letter we got, like Pirty said.

Basically they want to put on the cheaper shows, period. Lots of Antique Roadshow, How Not to Decorate and You Are What You Eat.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Yep, that is basically the same letter we got, like Pirty said.

Basically they want to put on the cheaper shows, period. Lots of Antique Roadshow, How Not to Decorate and You Are What You Eat.

Well, so long as it's not that rich blonde woman walking around with a clipboard telling people how to clean their house and then giving them a bucket full of cleaning supplies as a prize ----- frickin' hate her.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Well, so long as it's not that rich blonde woman walking around with a clipboard telling people how to clean their house and then giving them a bucket full of cleaning supplies as a prize ----- frickin' hate her.

Laughing Laughing

I haven't watched BBCAm in so long, I couldn't even tell you what's on. Last I checked, it was a DIY channel with a bit of Johnathan Ross and Graham Norton thrown in.

Glad you're here on the Couch, though! It's a nice, soft, comfy place to land, isn't it? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: