EE - Bye Bye Babs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: EE - Bye Bye Babs Reply with quote

I'm going to miss Peggy and her hairpiece Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You couldn't miss this hair! It looks like she had a nasty accident with a poodle.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll miss her for sure. Do have to wonder how her exit with tie in with Archie.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

You couldn't miss this hair! It looks like she had a nasty accident with a poodle.

Oh dear God! My eyes! My eyes! Laughing
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My retinas are scarred for life!

I will miss Peggy...her drunken scenes with Pat are priceless. It will be interesting to see how they tie this in with the powerplays between Archie and Janine and the plot to get the Vic.
Twirley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will miss her for sure! The scenes she does with Pat are hilarious! Wonder who's going to run the Vic...!?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Family reasons? No, Babs quit the Queen Vic 'over £54,000 pay cut'
31st October 2009

Barbara Windsor quit EastEnders following a row with producers over her £360,000 salary, her co-star has revealed. Miss Windsor, 72, who plays Queen Vic landlady Peggy Mitchell, this week announced she is leaving the BBC1 soap after more than 15 years. She said she wanted to spend more time with her family. However, Larry Lamb, who plays her deceitful ex-husband Archie, confirmed there was more to the departure than meets the eye.

Mr Lamb, 66, told the Daily Mail: 'The show was her life and soul and I'm really shocked that she is going. She loves that show and we're all like her family. Something has happened to upset her.' Miss Windsor, whose husband Scott Mitchell is 26 years her junior, admitted it had been a tough decision. She said: 'I'm looking forward to the future and I suppose when all's said and done I should spend a bit more time with my old man, as he's not getting any younger.' But sources said producers had cut back on her episodes and allegedly asked her to take a £54,000 pay cut.

Mr Lamb also stressed that Miss Windsor had not been suffering any ill-health or that her departure was due to long working hours. 'Yes, the hours are long when you have more episodes, but the truth is that there is rarely a day when you put in 14 hours without getting two days off afterwards,' he added. 'She is as fit as a fiddle, there is no problem with her health.'

Responding to his comments, Miss Windsor said: 'It is well known I was upset when I was told the lovely Larry was leaving - but that is not the reason I am going. I would never give up my job for any man - except my husband and that is why I'm leaving.' The BBC said that it did not discuss cast members' contracts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: