EE: Will Smith wants a cameo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: EE: Will Smith wants a cameo Reply with quote

Fresh Prince of Albert Square ... that’s megastar Will Smith
By SEAN HAMILTON and SIMON ROTHSTEIN
19th October 2009

HOLLYWOOD megastar Will Smith is desperate to land his dream role - on EASTENDERS. Will has begged BBC bosses for a cameo on Albert Square after becoming obsessed with the show.

The former Fresh Prince of Bel Air's addiction started when he visited the UK this year promoting his film Seven Pounds. Will, 41 - Hollywood's highest paid actor last year - said: "I was just chilling in my hotel and EastEnders was on TV. I didn't even know what it was, but I literally could not stop watching it. It was like a week's worth of episodes in one. Before I knew it, all I had done was get room service and waste a whole afternoon watching this show I'd never heard of!

"It was so real and gritty. American soaps are all about the beautiful people and being cheesy. This soap had everything. There was fighting, people sleeping around - it had it all going on! I'm a bit busy but when things quieten down I'd love to do a cameo. I could make a big entrance in the pub, as you guys call it, and be like: 'Hey, girl let's take this outside.' "

Will wants to start a campaign to get the soap shown on BBC America once more. The channel axed 'Enders broadcasts in the US in 2003. It is now shown only on a subscription satellite channel.

The star added: "If the BBC boys are reading this, sort it out, man and start showing it again! Get it back on our TV screens."

--------------------
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Will! Not only would it be fun to see him on there but it would be great if he got it back on American TV!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be fun!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How Hollywood's finest could grace British soap operas
If EastEnders can attract the star power of Will Smith, surely it's a matter of time before Angelina Jolie appears in Emmerdale?

Not counting the time when Sir Ian McKellen briefly joined the cast of Coronation Street, or when Emmerdale was graced with the luminous star wattage of Patsy Kensit, British soap operas aren't really the place to find A-list movie stars. But that could all change now that Will Smith has accidentally watched an EastEnders omnibus.

It happened this year while Smith was in the country promoting Seven Pounds. And now, as if it's the most natural thing in the world, he has decided that he actually wants to be in EastEnders. So much so that he's even envisioned his very own high-concept plotline for his appearance, suggesting to the Sun: "I could make a big entrance in the pub, as you guys call it, and be like, 'Hey, girl let's take this outside.'"

This must happen. Smith has introduced too many questions for it not to. Which girl is it that he wants to take outside? Dot? Pat Butcher? Big Mo? And is he going to take her outside for a smooch or, as it would seem as though he's trying to suggest, a fistfight? It's just a shame that the former Fresh Prince has dropped his tendency to record a lightweight rap song about everything he stars in, because that would have been the excellent cherry on the brilliant cake.

(Incidentally, if Smith does want to record a song about EastEnders, then I already have a couple of lines written up. "I was chilling out and maxing with my man Charlie Slater/ He showed me his allotment and I grew a nice potater." It's still a work in progress. I'm here for you, Will.)

But here's the thing – if Smith is really serious about appearing on EastEnders, then it's going to make all the other soaps look a bit low-rent in comparison. So it's time they chased some A-listers of their very own. Here's how I'd like to see them play catch-up:

Coronation Street
George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Don Cheadle and Monica's dad off Friends decide to knock off Rita's Kabin while Norris pops out for a wee. The heist is slickly executed – George and Brad stand outside while Matt runs in and swipes a copy of Take a Break and a sun-faded condolence card before legging it. However, the plan falls apart when the gang run into Ken Barlow, who clips them all round the ear and tells them to jolly well think about what they've done. The episode ends with the stars mournfully listening to Frank Sinatra's This Town outside the Arndale Centre branch of Phones4U.

Emmerdale
Angelina Jolie plays herself in this hilarious one-off episode. After being mistakenly informed that Emmerdale is a landlocked African republic, Angelina arrives in town with the intention of adopting one of its orphans. She anxiously surveys the poverty-stricken locals with their funny voices and bad clothes and decides to make off with a goat instead, which she inexplicably decides to rename Blindl Chofff.

Hollyoaks
Due to budgetary restrictions, the A-list episode of Hollyoaks stars Ronnie Corbett and a 15-second clip of Jerome Flynn that one of the producers recorded off the telly a few years ago. It is still the best Hollyoaks episode that anyone can remember.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I was chilling out and maxing with my man Charlie Slater/ He showed me his allotment and I grew a nice potater." OMG!!! This is killing me! Everytime I read it, I laugh..
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
"I was chilling out and maxing with my man Charlie Slater/ He showed me his allotment and I grew a nice potater." OMG!!! This is killing me! Everytime I read it, I laugh..

Laughing ROFLMAO! I wonder if they would change the title song for the one episode he would be in? That would be hilarious!

I can just hear him now, "Yo, my man Phil! Whassup?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: