what's happened to flickr.com?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: what's happened to flickr.com? Reply with quote

I've been trying to get on www.flickr.com but it's not working. It's pretty rare that such a big site goes down, so there must be a fairly big problem. If it was twitter it would be all over the news...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is odd face. I didn't even know it was down until you mentioned it.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's back again - now if I could just remember why I went there...
luke

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its working alright now

Here thar be dragons…

11:26 AM PDT: We’ve got WWWs serving up again, and we also have an official Help Forum topic here. We’re still working on lingering issues, but things are on the mend.

10:50 AM PDT: Hey, we wanted to make sure you all knew, if you embedded photos from a photopage on Flickr, we are still serving them. So, if they are posted to your blog, your photos will still be showing there. What we are doing now is working on getting all our WWW servers back on for everyone; this includes bringing the API back up, which has been affected as well. Sorry for the downtime to everyone, we hate it as much as you!

10:05 AM PDT: We’re still here working on getting things up and serving to you, shouldn’t be too much longer!

9:18 AM, PDT: Hello! All hands are on deck over here and we’re still working on getting things back up for everyone. Apologies for the disruption!

8:51 AM, PDT: Ahoy everyone! Flickr is experiencing problems at the present time, and our engineers are all in the main engine room, working on resolving the issue. Please hang tight, and we’ll have things back for you as soon as possible. If we need to, we’ll post an update for you here.

http://blog.flickr.net/en/2009/10/20/thar-be-dragons/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: