this is fantastic ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: this is fantastic ... Reply with quote

This video shows the winner of "Ukraine's Got Talent", Kseniya Simonova, 24, drawing a series of pictures on an illuminated sand table showing how ordinary people were affected by the German invasion during World War II. Her talent, which admittedly is a strange one, is mesmeric to watch.

The images, projected onto a large screen, moved many in the audience to tears and she won the top prize of about $130,000.00

She begins by creating a scene showing a couple sitting holding hands on a bench under a starry sky, but then warplanes appear and the happy scene is obliterated.

It is replaced by a woman's face crying, but then a baby arrives and the woman smiles again. Once again war returns and Miss Simonova throws the sand into chaos from which a young woman's face appears.

She quickly becomes an old widow, her face wrinkled and sad, before the image turns into a monument to an Unknown Soldier.

This outdoor scene becomes framed by a window as if the viewer is looking out on the monument from within a house.

In the final scene, a mother and child appear inside and a man standing outside, with his hands pressed against the glass, saying goodbye.

wow
luke

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was amazing Smile

in britains got talent, we got stavros flatley

there was an advert a while back that used the same technique, it might have been her doing it - i've never seen anyone else doing that - but i can't remember what the advert was for

thanks sauce
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also seen the technique somewhere else, I just can't remember where. What a beautiful talent....A lot nicer than just one more singer....One more Jordan Sparks we just don't need, no matter what language she sings.

BTW - Did you noticed she used "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent stuff - I know that advert Luke, I saw it just yesterday, but I can't remember what it's for either... I'll keep an eye out
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing.

That sand gets everywhere though...

Smile
Stones

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ad was for Twinings tea, it's not the same lady I don't think.

funkyfunkpants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Not the advert I was thinking of, but i can't remember either.
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How crap that she ended up doing commercials.

Great for her, I suppose, but it's like selling out on your art, and I'd never seen anything like this before.

Probably not much different from George Cloony doing a tampon ad, or whatever he's doing now though. Some people should have their income capped, and the rest put to better, humanitarian, uses

I suppose for now, leave the sand lady alone, until she gets too rich & famous.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was truly amazing. I hope she makes loads and loads of money doing her art, and I hope she isn't forced by her government to pay anything more than her fair share. Hope she embraces the capitalism bug! :-) Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the coolest things for me is the fact that she uses both hands and each side comes out looking exactly the same. That amazes me because my left hand is useless - just a counterweight to keep me upright!
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Spurs, "mirroring" in the way you describe is incredibly easy. Next time you see a steamy window, write the same thing, with both index fingers, moving in opposite directions. I think you will find (if you concentrate on which ever handed-side that you normally are when doing that) that the other one comes out a perfect mirror image.

In the rare cases in life when you want to write "mirror-image backwards" this is the way to do it. It's also easy to get one perfect "arse-about-face" copy of text or diagrams just by mocking this procedure, but not actually drawing on paper or glass or etc with your "normal" hand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: