Corrie - Ex Street Star is a Cheese Bandit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Corrie - Ex Street Star is a Cheese Bandit Reply with quote

Star's shoplifting 'honest mistake'

Former Coronation Street star Adam Rickitt has hit the headlines in both New Zealand and in Blighty after what he called "an honest mistake". The actor, currently playing a serial murder suspect in drama Shortland Street, walked into a convenience store close to the show's set and reportedly later walked out without paying for the items he'd picked up.

After being taken to Henderson police station for questioning, a tearful Rickitt told New Zealand's Herald on Sunday: "I have recently found out some very upsetting family news. I was feeling helpless to deal with it because of the distance. I was so stressed out that, without realising or thinking, during my weekly shop, I failed to pay at the checkout for a jar of coffee, bottle of sauce and a block of cheese."

Rickitt explained: "But my actions were without malicious intent. I wasn't thinking straight at that moment. I can't apologise enough for what was a very embarrassing and uncharacteristic moment of stupidity. It was an honest mistake and I'm so sorry for any inconvenience that it has caused."

The thesp, who briefly enjoyed pop success after quitting Corrie in 1999, is said to be supported by his fellow Shortland Street cast mates. Rickitt found fame in 1997 as Nick Tilsley in the Weatherfield-set serial, and has returned to the show twice. In 2005 he flirted with the idea of becoming an MP, but opted to concentrate on his acting career instead. As well as his TV work, he has appeared on stage in Rent, Office Games and Telstar.

---------------

How does anyone fail to pay for stuff at the checkout? Oh that's right, if it's in your pocket it's already yours!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That dirty thief should be strung up to the rafters!!! Ah but seriously.....It's an easy mistake, and hopefully the shop owners will use common sense and understand that. :-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilarious! There's so much material there I don't know where to start...so I won't...he's done an admirable job of making himself look racist, elitist, and a complete twat.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well he did want to stand as a tory candidate...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV star Rickitt loves Auckland, despite negative survey
Feb 01, 2009
Anna Rushworth
nzherald.co.nz

TV star Adam Rickitt was shocked to hear the city he fell in love with when he moved here from Britain was bottom of the ASB TopSpots community spirit table. Rickitt, who played Nick Tilsley in Coronation Street, moved to Waiatarua in the Waitakere Ranges 18 months ago. The 29-year-old plays the mysterious Kieran Mitchell on Shortland Street and his house offers stunning views across Auckland.

"I think it is the most stunningly beautiful place. There's such an amazing sense of community out here." Rickitt found that out first-hand when he returned from a trip to find his mailbox empty. "My next-door neighbour had collected it without being asked." While Rickitt accepted there was some graffiti around the district, there wasn't any "more or less than anywhere else".

As for safety issues, Rickitt has often absent mindedly forgotten to lock his car when he takes dog Ben for a walk, only to return to find it completely untouched. "I love the place and I thoroughly recommend it to everybody."

------------------

I hope his neighbours are careful with their dairy-based products when he's about!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Rickitt in hit and run
September 21st, 2009

Former Coronation Street actor Adam Rickitt has been knocked down by a hit-and-run driver. The soa[ star was wlaking his dog in when the incident occured. He said in an online video diary: “Got run over by some complete ****. My whole arm has basically got enormous bruising.”

-------------------

I wonder what the **** stands for? Twat? Arse? Cunt? The public needs to know!
funkyfunkpants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
[align=center][size=24]
-------------------

I wonder what the **** stands for? Twat? Arse? Cunt? The public needs to know!

hero?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yeah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: