What is a leftist?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: What is a leftist? Reply with quote

More and more I see the term 'leftist' applied to those who are against the corporate world and its side effects. It's not a word that's been used over here in the UK for very long (I've only seen it in the last couple of years) and it's most often spoken with soupcon of scorn and a lot of bile, but, after thinking about it, it really just seems that what those who use the term mean is actually 'human'.

Those people seem not to be able to handle the idea of people caring about other people that they don't know. They see humane behaviour as somehow weak, even though it is the basis for all the freedoms that they claim as being examples of their beliefs.

Fact is though, without these humans speaking out in the past, the VAST majority of people would still be held under poverty conditions as the employers would never have given in to demands of fair treatment without those who are human standing up and calling them the bastards they are!

Leftist = human.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leftist=NeoLib
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I be a NeoLib? I've always hated the man!
luke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you perceive as neoliberalism pirty?

would you agree with the description of neoliberalism as 'neoliberalism seeks to transfer part of the control of the economy from public to the private sector, under the belief that it will produce a more efficient government and improve the economic indicators of the nation'? or is your view different?
modern

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
Leftist=NeoLib

Confused crazed wow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: