Tommy from Glasgow
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Tommy from Glasgow Reply with quote

http://www.radicalpacifistonline.com/

This is the website of 'Tommy from Glasgow' the cabbie who phones into Galloway's show fairly often. He's started doing his own podcasts...adn he sounds like 'The Big Man' off Chewin the Fat! haha

'Ye're a fuckin trumpet, that's how!'

Free Radicals show 7
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His website needs some work. The colours (and loud embedded music) can be quite jarring.

It's been ages since I've listened to GG (just too busy) but I'll give this a go. Did you invite him 'round here? I bet he'd be a great participant.

I found the links to his previous podcasts in his forum:

show 1
show 2
show 3
show 4
show 5
show 6
show 7
show 8
show 9
show 10
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't notice the music - embeds like that never work for me... and I'm not complaining!

I did send him a message, but will wait and see if he replies before inviting him along. Though he'll see the links if he knows where to look.

I'm just about to edit his shows down into some sort of order. The low volume of the voice sections next to the loud music really puts me off.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.humyo.com/F/56153-1057278899

Here's a brilliant clip - Tommy talks to one of his pals about the recent game between Celtic and Dynamo Moscow in Glasgow...

Laughing

ah've got a radio production goin down here, get tae fuck ya reptile!
luke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha thats brilliant, i'm going to have to check out his shows Laughing
major.tom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I'm just about to edit his shows down into some sort of order. The low volume of the voice sections next to the loud music really puts me off.

I started listening to the 1st episode last night and noticed the same thing. Nothing a little Audacity couldn't fix.

thumbs
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another cracking clip - from episode 6

http://www.humyo.com/F/56153-1058649711

'mah neighbour up the stair's freakin oot!'

Laughing
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is "glava juice"? google's as clueless as meseff

the guy's grand btw ..
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering about that myself - ah've no goat a scooby tho!
major.tom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard the clip, but could it have been "guava"?
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've solved it major.
tommy in glasgow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alrite troops,thanx for all your kind messages of support.
i was only made aware of this site through searching out my site through a search engine,and lo and behold,it brought me here,so many thanks to whoever posted it here, this first 5 shows the sound quality was poor to say the least,SORRY for that,i wasn't really concerning myself with the sound levels,i had the idea to start my own radio station,and was really dying to start doing something through my laptop in my cab just to get some practice in and to see if i could do the jump from being a persistant caller to radio shows,to being a presenter.
A couple of friends that i met through the facebook account of mike graham put the thought in my head,and the result was the various podcasts that are now on my site.
The later ones that i did i tried to get the sound quality a bit better,so i hope i can keep learning more in time for doing a live stream in the next couple of weeks.
My goal at the start is to try and put out a couple of shows a week,i was thinking a sunday around 10pm for a couple of hours,and maybe another night if i can pull it all off.
Ive got a talented brother working on all the sound effects,music,and ad production.
Any help and advice from anyone out there regarding anything really would be greatly welcome,ie tips on content,people who you think i should try and get on as guests at some point,sound quality,and can anyone recommend a piece of software i was thinking of running my live shows from - drs2006, has anyone used it before?? if so is it any good?
Once again thanx guys and gals for posting my site here,i owe whoever a can of guavva and a free taxi,within reason of course,ie no more than the city limits...or else i'll charge a ronald de boer per mile...

cheers from obambam
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evening Tommy, good to see you posting.

I've not listened to the show for a few weeks, but I'll check out the new stuff. You can use www.justin.tv or www.ustream.com for live shows - they take the audio output that you're hearing live and broadcast it within about 3-4 seconds depending on your internet speed.

As for the production of podcasts, get something like http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ - it's free and works very well.

Any chance of some (faked if you like) photos of the callers?
major.tom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Tommy. There's always room for one more on the couch.

It's bee a while since I've listened to the ones linked above due to an unplanned trip. I'd suggest mixing up the tunes a bit. I noticed some of the ones you play during interludes are repeated, which can get a little stale.

Do you have any plans for the format/content as your podcast takes shape? I think there might be room in the podcast space for a rational look at the weeks events. But I'm not in marketing (ie. my 'soul' is still intact) so don't quote me.

If I did a podcast, it would probably include a critique of media spin which serves as valuable propaganda for vested interests (gov't, corporations, etc).

Best of luck.
tommy in glasgow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx faceless and major.tom for the help much appreciated,
i will try and get those pics asap for you faceless,there might be a few fakes though im afraid,so if you wanted to make them up for yourself,go ahead and fill yir boots,ma man,all the mad callers i would imagine would look good with a few mad monkeys causing chaos and you would be getting a good likeness,imo..but i will try and get something for you,thanx also for the site info.
Good call on the review of the weeks news,i will be planning doing just such a thing,also regards the media spin what kind of critique would you specialize in dear MAJOR? you sound like a good person to get on to help cut through the elites bullshit..so if your up for helping at some point,let me know my friend.

thanx once again guys,any and all help is much appreciated, i will keep you posted for when i hopefully go live in the next week or two,god willing..
failing that, another podcast -until such time as i can get it all together.

kind regards

tommy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: