Spurs Fans On The Couch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colston

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible draw with horrible Bolton... 2-2

Must do better. We looked so much better after Defoe replaced Keane...
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree, Colston. We should have handed them their hats, but instead end up with only 1 point. Cudicini played poorly, Crouchie missed big chances and Jenas...well, Jenas played like Jenas's do... We have to tighten up. I never thought I would even think these words much less type them, but I am hoping they put Gomes in next week. I will say this, both goals were pretty, but that is not going to get the job done. We play the Arse at the end of the month and we are NEVER going to beat them playing like this.
Colston

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to play Gomes I agree and play players in their positions... so Dawson in for Huddlestone....

Keane has been poor in six from eight in the league. despite the four he needs to sit out next week.
modern

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Keane has it in his contract, he has to play every PL game!

If Gomes is now fit - get him in between the sticks!
Colston

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damp squib...

SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Robbie sitting for a game, but no Dawson in for Hud. I like Dawson, but Huddlestone is so much better...and has no concusion issues. The Hud provides size, creativity and with Jenas out there, we need someone with a brain. Tommy is a smart player. I say keep him in...With Bentley and Modric out, Palacios a breath away from suspension and Jenas being..well, Jenas (can you tell I don't like him?), we need someone with a calm head who will pass the ball well....
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Spurs - here's a T-shirt just for you -- gotta love it! Laughing

Photobucket
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, Kez, where did you find that??? So funny....
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
OMG, Kez, where did you find that??? So funny....

It's awesome, isn't it? It's from a website called stuffwithattitude (add the dot com). You can pick any team, too - I'm getting one for my Washington Capitals! thumbs
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to post here because I can Smile

The last football team I ever gave a toss about was Leeds Untied, but I was about 10 at the time (and lived in Leeds). Oh - I've got a leather football here with Peter Lorimer, Billy Bremner and etc's. signatures on it - it was given to my brother and he gave it to me a long time ago. Many sigs have faded almost completely now. You can read some of them though.

I watch the World Cup, and enjoy it* but otherwise I don't give a monkeys about football. Actually, I physically HATE Spurs, as I shared a room for 2 years at uni (through necessity) with a prick from Billericky that ranted and raved about Spurs at every opportunity. That's why I hate Spurs. I can't tar you all with the same brush, but I have at least one sound reason for hating them Smile

* Sometimes too much. I watched Italy in the last finals in a local bar (I live in Italy now) and forgot where I lived after the celebrations (I'd had so much bevvy Very Happy ) Thank God the kids were sent out as a search-party, or I might still be wandering aimlessly...
Colston

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SquareEyes wrote:
I'd just like to post here because I can Smile

The last football team I ever gave a toss about was Leeds Untied, but I was about 10 at the time (and lived in Leeds). Oh - I've got a leather football here with Peter Lorimer, Billy Bremner and etc's. signatures on it - it was given to my brother and he gave it to me a long time ago.

That will be the absolute scum Leeds team known throughout Christendom as Dirty Leeds... brought in all that is despicable about modern football.

I'm not a religious man but the financial ruin and relegation shame experienced by Leeds this decade is the nearest I've seen to karma-in-action.
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colston wrote:
That will be the absolute scum Leeds team known throughout Christendom as Dirty Leeds... brought in all that is despicable about modern football.

I'm not a religious man but the financial ruin and relegation shame experienced by Leeds this decade is the nearest I've seen to karma-in-action.

I'm not sure what you said, but I'll agree to it, as it sounded loud and convincing.

Anyone for tennis?
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No tennis in this thread...Spurs and only Spurs. It must have been the power of Dirty Leeds that compelled you to announce in a Spurs thread that you hated Spurs...COYS!!

@Kez...I am going to go take a look at that site. Sounds fun!!
Colston

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great three points... toughed it out in the second half but all coming together for the Arse game on Halloween... still very much 3rd in the league after nearly a quarter of the season.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three points yes, but the result a little to close for my liking. Pompey is bottom of the table. We should have trounced them. I hope, Colston, that we are indeed coming together for the Arse game. I don't feel nearly as confident as you sound...but 3rd we are and here's hoping we keep on this winning track! COYS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 5 of 36

Jump to: