A music video I am involved with"music video"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
free2view

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: A music video I am involved with"music video" Reply with quote

This video was made on a budget of 500 pounds UK.... The band is unsigned
Title of the track is SHINE by Defacto
We thought we would make a video just to see if it would get hits on the net ie youtube etc. So any votes will help
Would be interesting to see if internet users could make a small video big?

Here is the video and after is the outtake video.

Outake video

pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give it a vote. It was pretty good, and I'm impressed it was done on just 500 pounds. I also liked the outtakes. Nice one!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
free2view

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea for the money it was good. Be interesting if it gets noticed out there too. we will see. I loved the outtakes...;)
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was quite well made, but wasn't too keen on the scenes with the singer walking towards the camera. He has too much of a swagger
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the outtakes, too - that Jen is quite a character!
free2view

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Jen was nice. She has quite a portfolio too... lol. ;)
free2view

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I thought it was quite well made, but wasn't too keen on the scenes with the singer walking towards the camera. He has too much of a swagger

Yep your right with with your comment. I am not to keen on this either yet I am partly to blame Crying

When making a story board/looking at videos from other artists we took various looks and feels from other videos. the first which will describe that piece to camera was from the verve. maybe it was a bit over done.

The lane clip came from this video by David gray

And the car park/with surrounding buildings concept came from a video made by U2 what you will all know!

Well this was my input to the video and involvment and a little insight into how the video developed and was made.

Either way its great fun to involved with. I have knocked up a quick website for the band too. needs work lol. defactomusic.co.uk

I dont know if couchtripper would like to get involved? or members.. But I have an idea which may be a little bit of fun.

Getting hits on youtube now is simply impossible nowa days. Getting a video viewed is even harder.

If anyone has any ideas how to get this video viewed please let me know.

As an experiment I was woundering if just a few people formed a little think tank in this thread, would this video beat the odds and actually become a hit?

Wouldnt it be funny that a low budget video became a hit from a small post on a forum site from a few people spinning a couple of ideas.

Anyway have a great day all and thanks for the feedback!
funkyfunkpants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Rob "Chappers" Chapman's YouTube page

Regularly ranked in YouTube's Top 5 most viewed musicians in the UK, Chapman began to turn heads within Barnes & Mullins and Youtube/Google when they noticed that his videos were receiving 10,000 views per day from his loyal social networking following. It all happened so fast Said Chapman, I just remember reaching 1.5M views on Youtube and then I got the contact from Google offering me a contract to become a partner. I firmly believe that my online success is largely due to my determination to keep my content inclusive and interactive always inviting a response from the audience. Basically, I like people - I still reply to every email or comment if possible and the guys on YouTube really like that personal touch.

It seems the key is interaction with your audience. Rob is doing some great things on YouTube he has some amazing competions and is releasing a signature guitar that has involved his followers (monkey minions) with the design. I am sure if you contact him he will give you some pointers.

The Monkey Lord Forum
free2view

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks funkyfunkpants, we did contact him and this was his reply haha

"
I'll be honest with you because I think you deserve honesty. There are many things I would change about your video including the editing, location, shoot style, title, search tags and the production of your song...

This is not a negative assault on your band/video, you guys clearly have talent and direction I just believe you are going at it backwards.

I often advise bands on this kind of thing, I have personally been involved in five professionally shot music videos and two DVDs, on location at Abbey Road, Metropolis and accross the states working with major labels and top producers including my good friend Eddie Kramer (Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin).

If you would like some honest/constructive advice feel free to book me by emailing ************ I charge £35 per hour, we could chat over breakfast in Bradford on Avon.

Chappers"

Love it. best part was the 35 quid an hour bit.

Just for fun we are going to meet him for this 35 quid and see what he has to say!

He maybe right in all what he says yet I do think he missed the point of the video really.

It was made on a shoestring as a bit of fun.. As an experiment..

Yet hey it would be good to add to are blog and channel on youtube;)
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the editing and location were fine and he's pretty cheeky to attack it on basically everything else. The stuff about tags is just petty irrelevance and speaks more about his dependence on youtube than much else.

It sounds very much like he's just in it for the cash as an advisor, but £35 an hour is opretty cheap for someone who's claiming international success. A good quality camera operator alone would be 2-3 times that.
funkyfunkpants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheeky cnut! I thought maybe he would give you some pointers on how to make the best of YouTube. Tell him to stick the 35 quid up his arse.

What sort of social network stuff do the band have already? You could ask followers of the band to embed videos and mp3 of the bands music into their own myspace/farcebook pages, involve the fans in spreading the word.

A band I am a fan of released their second album as a free download through myspace (with sponsorship), it got 30,000 downloads in under 3 months and a following of over 80,000 on myspace.
http://couchtripper.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=10153

They also get fans (where possible) free entry into gigs if they have band related tattoo, but that's a extreme form of advertising.
Tattoos
free2view

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, Yep he is a twat. The band contacted him and they asked him straite out. you slated every part of the band from start to finish. But you mentioned talent.. They asked what talent did he see in the band.. he said the passion. I think he may of got a harsh reply to that.. which i cant print on this forum lols.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: