Celtic Vs Spurs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Celtic Vs Spurs Reply with quote

I see that Celtic are playing spurs this afternoon - it's available to listen on www.talksport.net with the game starting in about 1h 40 minutes at 4pm. Should be interesting as I don't remember them playing each other before.

The knives are being sharpened as I type, Spurs!

mon ra Cellic!

Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-0 to Celtic already - it's good to be a tim!

I just read that they actually played each other last year in a tournament in Holland. Spurs won 2-0...
modern

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have actually had the better of possession against the first British European Cup winners...but we can't find the wee net!!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you might get at least one in the second half. But with Celtic only needing a draw I think Celtic are set.
modern

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Celtic...their fans gave wee Hutton a hard time!!! 'Arry needs some new defenders and fast!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see this until today, Face. Well done...and you are right, we need defenders!! It also looks like we are in hunt for Crouch...why, I don't know, but I guess we are. Silly...
modern

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a tendency to win our pre-seasons than get off to a poor start in the league. Remember last season: 2 points from 8 games. Hopefully we will do the opposite this season!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard earlier that it was actually Celtic's reserve team that played. That should rub it in a bit more!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you're a funny guy, Face...ever thought of stand up? Spurs will be just fine...just because we lost to you lot in a friendly, no reason to give up the season. And you are right, modern, we tend to shine in preseason then give up the goods when the season starts. Here's to a stronger start to the 2009-2010 campaign!! Now if we could just get rid of Bent and NOT get Crouch, I would feel alot better...

We watched the US play Mexico (ugh - if you want to rub it in, there is the place to do it - not that I like the US National team more than Spurs, but that game ment a little more) and Milan vs Inter...neither team I wanted to win, won as AC Milan lost as well...I hate Inter...oh well, at least I got to watch some footie. The count down is on for the beginning of the season!
modern

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to break it to yer SpursFan - but Crouchie has just signed! Faceless is right, we did get beat by the Celtic reserves and we also struggled against the Barca reserves too. Not sure if this bodes well for the forthcoming season??

Yeah I read about the USA - Mexico game. Apparently 'Two Saints' (Dos Santos) had a good game for Mexico. Maybe 'Arry will give him a run next season!
Colston

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry seems to have a penchant for resigning old Spurs players... who next?

He has this season to impress me. I'm not hopeful.
modern

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically, he was never a Spurs player...but hey, are we all Spurs fans on here apart from Faceless?!!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am...my great grandfather played for them from 1902-1904. It's sorta in my blood! I thought I was the only Spurs supporter, but I see that I'm not. Cool...

I am sad about Crouch. We have other positions we need to fill...strikers we got...in fact we have one we are charging too much for and won't get rid of, so what, Bent is just going to sit around waiting to either play or get sold? Plus Crouch always looks like he is going to snap like a twig..

I agreed with the resigning of Keano, I am very happy to have hime back, but not Defoe and yeah, I agree that Dos Santos needs to get some pt this season. He, like Lennon, is an explosive player and is dangerous everytime he has the ball.
Colston

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
I agreed with the resigning of Keano, I am very happy to have hime back, but not Defoe and yeah, I agree that Dos Santos needs to get some pt this season. He, like Lennon, is an explosive player and is dangerous everytime he has the ball.

Keane betrayed us a year ago today...

modern

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think Crouchie and Defoe will be 'Arry's first choice strike partnership. Looks like Keane could be following Bent out of the Lane.

There's a rumour going around at the moment that Joe Cole is to sign shortly. Watch this space...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: