Religious nut lets daughter die

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Religious nut lets daughter die Reply with quote

"Putting the doctor before God" Mad
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does rural mean that they don't have social-workers in the area?
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Religious nut lets daughter die Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
"Putting the doctor before God" Mad

I can't disagree. What if "god" gave us science and medicine?

When you're hungry, you eat. You don't pray to god to cure you of your hunger. Even if it means that you're "putting the [doughnut] before god."

The current backlash against science is disturbing. When parents are willing to let their children die before admitting that, just maybe, modern science might have something valuable to contribute, we're in a bad way.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you 100% major. Doesn't make any sense to me. I need clothes, I go and buy them or sort something out myself. I don't pray to god for that. Or when I need a drink, etc

Face, there will be social services but if no one called it in, social services won't come out to make a visit. If he thought she had the flu he would have just called it in to the school as "She has the flu". If she has never shown any signs of abuse then there would be no reason for the school to report. And at the age of 11, outside of the schools, there are few who would report. And was she home schooled? Social workers won't make a visit if the don't know whats going on. The reason they would even of had the charges against them is because the hospital that responded when they called the ambulance would have called the police when the girl died and they knew what happened.
Colston

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind of religion is no different to the delusions that people with schizophrenia have...

There should be a competency test for all parents professing such madness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: