GG on celebrity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: GG on celebrity Reply with quote

Celebrities snap in the face of cameras
By George Galloway
Jul 27, 09

Steven Gerrard had a moment with a local worthy in a Stockport boozer but left court last week without a stain on his character, which is more than can be said for his accuser. What a waste of public money that prosecution was. Ditto the ludicrous trial of Amy Winehouse. There were some on my radio show who looked for conspiracies in these famous aquittals but, in truth, when forced to look closely at some people's reaction to the presence of famous people in social, alcohol-fuelled situations, most jurors are sympathetic.

I don't go to bars and never drink and what happened to Gerrard and Winehouse would never happen to me. Though less famous than either of them, I am myself constantly asked to pose for pictures. Now that every mobile phone is a camera, that can become wearing, especially when you have so little time to spend with family and true friends and every stranger is an intrusion on that time. Add drink, light blue touch-paper and retire. Or rather explode. So if you see someone famous, smile sweetly and leave them alone.

-------------------

Leave them alone? It wasn't so long ago that GG was condemning Ringo Starr for refusing to sign autographs.
Colston

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: GG on celebrity Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Leave them alone? It wasn't so long ago that GG was condemning Ringo Starr for refusing to sign autographs.

I think once you start trying control what other people do in their private lives, such as you should/shouldn't give autographs, you are crossing a line that beyond is none of your business.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing he's getting bored of having to share his life with the public too - but GG's level of celebrity is nothing compared to what one of The Beatles had to deal with.

It's understandable, but I think he'd do a lot better to just admit that he's changed his opinion.
Colston

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
...but I think he'd do a lot better to just admit that he's changed his opinion.

I must admit to having embraced hypocrisy wholeheartedly this year... the older I get the harder I find it to keep to all but but a very few principles. Instead of bending my current self out of shape... I shapeshift taking each situation on its own.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a Spurs fan and a shapeshifter?

I'm telling David Icke and Alex Jones!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: