Discovery Channel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Discovery Channel Reply with quote

There have been some great programmes on this channel and I'm wondering what recommendations any of you have...

My choices from the last few years are

Dangerman: a daft kiwi bloke goes to places on the planet where there are extreme conditions and does something stupid whiel there (for example, going to the colest inhabited place and sleeping out in a tent!)

Mythbusters - two blokes try to explode (literally) many myths and folk legends such as people being sucked into toilets on planes.

Massive Machines - pretty self explanatory really!

www.discovery.com
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the discovery channel. I would recommend Mythbusters but you already watch it Smile One show I have loved on there is called "American Eats: The History of Food". They have another one that goes for all foods too. And "Modern Marvels" is good too.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mythbusters is certainly my favourite on Discovery.

They show several programs co-produced with the BBC, such as the Walking with......Dinosaurs, Monsters etc.

In Canada we also get a daily science show called 'Daily Planet' which is co-presented by a toothy faced Brit named Natasha Stillwell, who I understand was last seen on UK TV "in the far reaches of the highlands" laying patio's and planting trees.

girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thedeadliestcatch.com/

This is one of my favorites for this channel. Details the lives of fishermen and it is amazing. Makes me want to jump off the couch and join them at times.

ps...I have no clue how to make the link an actual link :crying:
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
Mythbusters is certainly my favourite on Discovery.

They show several programs co-produced with the BBC, such as the Walking with......Dinosaurs, Monsters etc.

In Canada we also get a daily science show called 'Daily Planet' which is co-presented by a toothy faced Brit named Natasha Stillwell, who I understand was last seen on UK TV "in the far reaches of the highlands" laying patio's and planting trees.

I watch Daily Planet with Jay and Natasha quite a lot. Tonight it's about the world's largest snow and ice lab in japan. They've some facinating stuff on the show.

There's not much on during the week I fancy though because it's all stuff like How It's Made, American Chopper and American Hot Rod like who gives a shite about that stuff other than grease monkeys? .....erm no offense to grease monkeys of course Razz

All of the shows you mentioned bored the shite out of me faceless other than Mythbusters, and even that one bores me to tears after a short while.

Now that didn't help you one bit did it? lol
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like mythbusters if I stumble upon it. thumbs
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: