Posting the radio shows on OneBigTorrent
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only one way to settle this. 5 rounds. York Hall. Proceeds to charity. Laughing
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
There's only one way to settle this. 5 rounds. York Hall. Proceeds to charity. Laughing

Nice one, Kate. agree
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete/Rendition, It would be with sadness to see you leave this forum. Even if you don't upload or seed with OneBigTorrent, different opinions/feedback make this forum lively.
Martin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
well I've had friday's show up there now since last night and my ratio is almost 10 on it, and yet there's only 5 seeds, so I'll not be bothering again. Martin, if you're reading this - you need to get a ratio system, I'm not providing downloads to leechers who don't give a toss about sharing. Also, not one of them has even said thanks...

sorry to hear it, mate (and sorry for my taking so long to reply to this, i only spotted the thread right now).

there's always peers dropping out without giving back on open trackers, but i wouldn't have thought it was that bad (particularly given the nature of the content, you would expect people to act more responsibly).

as for people saying thanks, that will improve once onebigtorrent.org is officially on the air, as there will be much more traffic (and the tracker system encourages a sense of community, more so than on chomskytorrents.org, where like 95% of the people never log in and thus can't post comments).

the ratio IS being recorded for registered users and torrents tracked locally - you can look it up in your profile page. it's not featured prominently though, and we haven't introduced any kind of sanctions system yet, as we'd like to keep the system as open as possible, to reach as many people as possible. may very well be that we'll revise that policy based on our experiences with the tracker (which are scarce, as of now). at any rate in order to really enforce this, you would have to close the tracker to registered users only, and i'd like to avoid that. i'd rather appeal to people's sense of decency (could be done in a variety of ways).

anyway, i might be able to give strong server-side seeding support for the galloway torrents soon, so that's certainly not the last thing we've heard of the galloway torrents.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nic one Martn - I know what it's like to try and balance what's needed having run a few torrent sites myself... I was thinking that I might make a torrent of the url links to the sendspace files, that way it would only require very limited seeding, what do you think of that idea?
Martin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure about that .. people have been doing that on chomskytorrents from time to time, but i never liked it i must say. you might call me old-fashioned.
but i'll get in touch with you on the server-side seeding. we should be able to do that.
major.tom

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only down-side to server-side seeding are the legal ramifications. If you're providing the content (not just a .torrent of it) there's a much stronger argument that the owners/operators of the server are infringing copyright.

I'd hate to see ChomskyTorrents shut down because of something like this.
Martin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now there's a familiar name -- major.tom, you've been on the CT forums almost since the beginning, right?

as for the other thing, don't worry Smile
major.tom

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the beginning? When did the site start up? I've been on there for a while -- not as much lately, but I still pop back now and then.

It's a small world indeed.
oddshoes

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
you're right oddshoes, I should have known better...

you don't live in Knightswood do you? It's just that I met a bloke in the lift in a block of flats there who had odd shoes... haha

No im in Cumbernauld , the name came about when i wore odd trainers to work , for 3 days running.

But in my defence it was nightshift, they were both white, and i did get a left and right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: