Crocodile Hunter dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HandoGod wrote:
State or private family burial, what do you guys/gals think?

I vote private, and we and the aussie's all mourn this sad loss in our own way.

The family has taken the choice of private funeral. I can totally see why. I would want it that way too. I think it was wonderful for them to have the offer. It showed the family how loved he was by the people. But this needs to be for the family.

Like you said, we'll all mourn in our own way.
HandoGod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True

Cool
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
HandoGod wrote:
State or private family burial, what do you guys/gals think?

I vote private, and we and the aussie's all mourn this sad loss in our own way.

The family has taken the choice of private funeral. I can totally see why. I would want it that way too. I think it was wonderful for them to have the offer. It showed the family how loved he was by the people. But this needs to be for the family.

Like you said, we'll all mourn in our own way.

I agree. There is such a tendency to want to make everything public when a celebrity passes, but we shouldn't forget that they're someones father, brother, etc. I think a nice tribute show or highlights of some of his work would be a great tribute.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irwin fans 'in revenge attacks'

Dead stingrays with their tails cut off have been found in Australia, sparking concern that fans of naturalist Steve Irwin may be avenging his death. Mr Irwin, a TV personality known as the "Crocodile Hunter", was killed while diving in Queensland when a stingray's barb stabbed him in the chest. Since then, 10 stingrays have been found mutilated on Queensland beaches. Government officials said they were investigating the deaths and there could be prosecutions.

Two stingrays were found at a beach north of Brisbane with their tails cut off, while eight were found on another beach on Monday, The Australian reported. Wayne Sumpton of the state fisheries department said it was not clear if the incidents were connected to Mr Irwin's death. He said fishermen who inadvertently caught stingrays sometimes cut off their tails to avoid being stung, but such a practice was uncommon.

Michael Hornby, a friend of the late naturalist and executive director of Mr Irwin's Wildlife Warrior fund, condemned any revenge killings. "We just want to make it very clear that we will not accept and not stand for anyone who's taken a form of retribution. That's the last thing Steve would want," he said. "I hope everyone understands we have to protect wildlife now more than ever. This is what Steve was all about."

Stingrays are normally placid, but when they feel under threat, a sharp, poisonous spine in their tail flicks up.

------------------

I'm sure he'd be delighted with this news...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEVE IRWIN's widow TERRI is reportedly "devastated" by an episode of controversial TV cartoon SOUTH PARK that pokes fun at the late CROCODILE HUNTER. Terri, 42, is said to be worried that Irwin's children BINDI, eight, and BOB, two, will see the show, which portrays the late star with a stingray sticking out of his chest less than two months after he died.

Last night (27OCT06), Australian TV channel SBS said it is planning to air the episode in Australia next year (07) or in 2008. It has already been shown in the US. A friend of Irwin's widow says, "Terri is devastated Steve is being mocked in such a cruel way. Her worry is that Bindi and Bob will see it and break down. "Steve had as big a sense of humour as anyone, but this goes too far too soon." British TV naturalist MARK AMEY, 44, who worked alongside Irwin, backed the sentiments, saying, "My message to people is don't watch the show. It's distasteful s**t. Let's hope none of Steve's fans who keep poisonous animals happen to find the addresses of those behind the show and leave them a nice surprise." Irwin was killed by a stingray barb off the coast of Queensland, Australia on 4 September (06) while filming a segment for his daughter's new TV show.

------------------

I watched this episode last night and it really does seem that they're scraping the barrel. It wasn't even funny - it just seemed stuck in for the sake of being topical.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer. I really like that show. This one is going to backfire on them. Steve Irwin is very loved by many people all over the world.....Unlike knob Cruise that they made fun of.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read it was going to be on and refused to watch it. It's just in the poorest taste as far as I'm concerned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: