Welcome to the Couch, introduce yourself!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cannie,

Welcome back Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canniescot wrote:
Hello

Used to be a member of the couch last year - but family troubles kept me out of touch for a while. Would like to come back and have a wee chat now and again !

hi cannie, welcome back again!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Cannie! Sorry to hear about your family troubles. Glad to have you back.
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,
I am lostinthestates! I am British but have just recenly moved to the States (DC presently). My wife is American and this is how I got to live in this country. We met a couple of years ago in Tokyo while we were both on a 3 month research project. I would say it probably was love at first sight :-) While finishing of my PhD we were both flying back and forwards (me to DC she to London) until I finished my PhD four months ago. Now I am living her permanently and am already missing the old world like crazy :-)
At the moment I am waiting for my green card to clear so I can finally start working :-) The craziest thing is - the stuff I miss most from home is Eastenders and Tescos :-) Who would have thought that!!!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
Hiya,
I am lostinthestates! I am British but have just recenly moved to the States (DC presently). My wife is American and this is how I got to live in this country. We met a couple of years ago in Tokyo while we were both on a 3 month research project. I would say it probably was love at first sight :-) While finishing of my PhD we were both flying back and forwards (me to DC she to London) until I finished my PhD four months ago. Now I am living her permanently and am already missing the old world like crazy :-)
At the moment I am waiting for my green card to clear so I can finally start working :-) The craziest thing is - the stuff I miss most from home is Eastenders and Tescos :-) Who would have thought that!!!

We can hook you up here! I am sure in DC there are plenty of international food stores. However, we have found a few online that are great. Ukgoods.com is one that we get things from quite often.
What's your PhD in?
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Lostinthestates wrote:
Hiya,

We can hook you up here! I am sure in DC there are plenty of international food stores. However, we have found a few online that are great. Ukgoods.com is one that we get things from quite often.
What's your PhD in?
Thanks for that (UKgoods.com) - sounds good :-) Mine is in inorganic chemistry while my wife's is in psychology.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
Skylace wrote:
Lostinthestates wrote:
Hiya,

What's your PhD in?
Thanks for that (UKgoods.com) - sounds good :-) Mine is in inorganic chemistry while my wife's is in psychology.

I'm getting ready to start my PhD in psychology (hopefully) in the next year or two. My husband and I are trying to get some things sorted so I can focus on it full time and not have to work. Currently I am a Master level counselor working at two of our local schools.
As for chemistry, I know that baking soda and vinegar fizz when put together Laughing
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your PhD (will you be doing it full time?). It was the best time of my life so far I have to say - I loved it! I have to say calling myself a doctor does have its perks. When you complain about bad service and people see you are a doctor they actually do something about it! That sounds just so bad! And thanks again for the UKgoods.com - when I saw all the goodies you could buy on there I had a nice warm feeling in my stomach :-)
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
Good luck with your PhD (will you be doing it full time?). It was the best time of my life so far I have to say - I loved it! I have to say calling myself a doctor does have its perks. When you complain about bad service and people see you are a doctor they actually do something about it! That sounds just so bad! And thanks again for the UKgoods.com - when I saw all the goodies you could buy on there I had a nice warm feeling in my stomach :-)

That is what I am wanting to do. Being able to focus on it full time would be the best. And in all honesty working for the schools and doing that may be more than what I want to handle. My dad was a psychologist for many years. And was a great one. I still remember him working on his PhD. I was always so proud of him. I know that whenever I get mine he would be proud of me too.

I am glad you liked the site. We just got a big order in from them and it's been lovely. I have a few other sites on my computer at home and will be sure send them your way! thumbs
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
Hiya,

Welcome, Lost. I currently live in Northern Virginia (Arlington) and can recommend a couple of British shops:

Old Town Alexandria:
The British Collection and Tea Room, 119 South Royal Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: 703-836-8181
Hours: Tues 12-6, Wed - Sun 10-6, Closed Mondays

Clarendon section of Arlington:
Classic Cigars & British Goodies, 3020 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA
Phone: 703-525-6511

Also, Target carries shampoos & such from Boots and World Market also carries British imports (that's where I get my Hob-Nobs). Smile

Enjoy!
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
Hiya,

Hi lost in the states ....... I am also a lost brit .... Embarassed ....I am coming up for my 14th year here now in june ...My how time flys .....I still get homesick and I still miss so much.....my biggest things i missed when i got here was eastenders ..lol... indian food ..salad cream...a good fry up....crisps....real sarnies .....BACON BACON AND BACON and Real bread and oxo.s lol

When i first moved here i lived in Miami.. and trust me i could get nothing ..... so i learnt to cook indian food ..i had too....i watched old eppis of EE on pbs .....and i had to like mayo.....i learnt to ask for sarnies i wanted ..and not the ones with a weeks supply of meat in them .....I found that supermarkets fresh baked italian bread was ok .....and that i had to beg my mates and family back home to send me oxox and salad cream o and paxo ... LOL ...they still send me the oxos and paxo....
so 14 years on and living nr philly ..... i can get most stuff i still miss locally and more )apart from the oxos and paxo.... I have a great indian rest 2 mins from where i live ...and a great Irish bar ...that does a wicked fry up and bangers and mash Smile any ways where was i .....

i had just meant to show U this site ..that i have bought bacon and gammon and sausages from.....all good stuff.....

http://www.britishbacon.com/comersus6f/store/comersus_index.asp

Ps I am a londoner orig from Dalston /hackney...... but lived in Chelsea and Kingston for years .....

oh and I no longer have to miss brit TV cos of wonderful sites like this thumbs

pps if u miss saus rolls ..i have a great recipe Smile
Lucky Lucan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, I can't tell you where I am.

Hidden: 
They are still looking for me
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's okay Lucky. We won't tell anyone you're here shhh ...whoever you may be!

Welcome by the way! thumbs
Lucky Lucan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mate
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky Lucan wrote:
Hello all, I can't tell you where I am.

Hidden: 
They are still looking for me

Lucan Ontario???? Wherever you're from, welcome to the couch! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 12 of 38

Jump to: