Gaza - protests against Israel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmmm .... I suspect the pro-Israeli Lobby put pressure on Talksport.

George would have been best to cover a ground invasion -- so the stated reason doesn't make sense.

I wish Talksport would explicitly tell us what is happening.
DavidGig

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I suspect the pro-Israeli Lobby put pressure on Talksport.

I just listened to Friday's show in the archives, and something tells me you're right. It seems something is up. It was obvious from his tone even before the Kamm interview (when he essentially admitted that he was being put under pressure). I'm worried we may be nearing the end.
Colston

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 11.30 in the show a texter called Mark texted in... Collins said I've ahd a text from Mark asking about the enhanced news coverage... he replied... yes [fella] it doesn't take a genius to work it out...

I'm assuming he was referring to George's absence (paranoia?)...

No news from my pal.
mickyv

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Oliver "Lying Sack of Shit" Kamm's complaint to Talksport might have had something to do with GG non show last night ;

http://timesonline.typepad.com/oliver_kamm/2009/01/galloway-as-deb.html
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the interview for those who haven't heard it. I don't think that Galloway faded him out on anything important. He was allowed to make his points and then treated with the contempt he deserves as a result.

http://humyo.com/F/56153-307598991
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think so micky. He can be a bit fader happy from time to time, but not here.

Last night imo, he didn't do his show because the talksport folk needed someone who in their eyes had an unbiased view. Collins certainly doesn't meet that for me, see some of his comments on annie lennox for example, but then niether does george.
mickyv

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown Sauce wrote:
I can't think so micky. He can be a bit fader happy from time to time, but not here.

Last night imo, he didn't do his show because the talksport folk needed someone who in their eyes had an unbiased view. Collins certainly doesn't meet that for me, see some of his comments on annie lennox for example, but then niether does george.

Sure, it's just a bit of a wild guess really.

Did anybody notice that Collins actually referred to somebody else in the studio called "George", and that towards the end of the show, he mentioned that "Carol" had apparently walked out, and when handing over, said that there had been a "bit of a conflag" in the studio ?
DavidGig

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This won't be be published, but I left it at Kamm's blog--

Quote:
"And I'm anxious in that case to publish this correction."

Why then have you only quoted more of your own turgid posturing? Let's hear what TalkSport actually said to you.

(By the way, why don't you explain to your readers the steps you and yours took in order to get your time on the airwaves? After all, the invitation didn't just fall from the air, and it would be interesting to learn how powerful interests can affect media access.)

David
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the thing about him complaining about being faded out - he doesn't allow all comments on his blog, so why does he expect to be treated any differently?
luke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nice of the Daily Mail to imply that Galloway has been sacked and, secondly, that he deserved to be attacked because he was part of a 'hardcore'...

Collective punishment isn't something they have a problem with though.
mickyv

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s a nasty little hatchet job by the Mail, including the misleading title, but at least it confirms what was blatantly obvious, namely that Talksport lied about why they replaced GG with Collins. The excuse about having an “enhanced special”, is completely idiotic and transparent, as Collins tried his hardest to talk about anything else apart from the issue for which the 'extended news feature' was supposed to be about.

I’ve left a comment at the Mail, but as I doubt it will be shown there, I leave it here as well;

I wish that that Talksport would be more honest with it’s listeners; their craven cowardness to the Israeli Lobby is a reminder of this little line;

"You cannot hope to bribe or twist,
Thank God, the British journalist.
But then there's no occasion to
When seeing what unbribed he'll do.

The justification of “to give a more balanced view of the Gaza situation”. is laughable, given that the Galloway show is the one & only balance in the sea of pro-Israeli corporate media, and laughable to any fair-minded person who listened to the pro-Israeli bias of the replacement show. The line of “we felt this would be in the best interests of everyone”, begs many questions, including how can it be in the best interest of those who are sicken by the massacre in Gaza.

To replace a knowledgeable, and almost uniquely pro-Palestinian broadcaster, with a replacement, who by his own admission did not know too much about the issues, is so bizarre, that it suggest more than incompetence.
Colston

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In defence of Collins he stood by and mentioned the fact that he was not pro Israel and that their actions were disproportionate...

Otherwise his smarmy comment about 'it being obvious' made me turn off... enough was enough.

I hope George manages to bite his tongue this week because as much as I don't want him to compromise his principles I want his voice to remain on national radio...
Colston

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of great comments slagging Kamm on his blog.

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's really not cut out for having an interactive blog.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: