George Bush in UK - 15th of June
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I doubt it's something the cops would do, but it all sounds pretty strange - is it possible he just pretends to be a cop? Also, the thought of a Daily Mail writer going to a an anti-war demo? My brain hurts.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undercover police officer tried to provoke violence at Stop Bush demo
Following his letter to the Home Secretary about police violence at the recent protest against George Bush, George Galloway has today written a further letter naming the undercover police officer who is now known to have deliberately provoked violence at the demonstration.

25 June 2008

Rt Hon Jacqui Smith
Home Secretary
Urgent

Dear Home Secretary,

As you may be aware I wrote to Sir Ian Blair and Mayor Johnson calling for an inquiry into the policing of the demonstration against George W Bush on Sunday 15 June in Parliament Square/Whitehall. I enclose a copy of my letter to him. I should say I have since been visited by Superintendent Tim Jackson and have given him an account of the basis of my original complaint.

I did tell him, however, that subsequent newspaper revelations may indicate a far more sinister involvement of the police in actual law-breaking on the demonstration which sought to provoke exactly the ugly scenes which eventually ensued.

Since my meeting with the superintendent yesterday this issue has become clearer and obliges me both as a Member of Parliament and as a close witness to these events to write to you as Home Secretary demanding a full inquiry by the government into the extraordinary events and policy decisions surrounding the policing of this demonstration.

You will be aware by now of an article in the Mail on Sunday of 22 June by Yasmin Whittaker-Khan in which she recounts her shock at meeting a man, whom she knew to be a policeman from a previous encounter, who seemed determined to bring about a confrontation between the demonstrators and the police.

This man for at least 30 minutes was stood right next to me at the front of the protest and it is inconceivable that no police photograph will confirm this. I say this because several police stills cameramen and at least one video cameraman were constantly filming.

I can now confirm that this man was Chris Dreyfus, an inspector in the police.

This man, to my direct knowledge, committed four criminal offences during the 30 minutes or so he stood next to me. First, he repeatedly chanted the arcane, antiquated Americana, "Kill the pigs!"

This is a clear incitement to violence, indeed murder. If a Muslim demonstrator had been chanting it, say, outside the Danish Embassy, he would likely now be in prison. Secondly, he repeatedly (crushing me in the process) attempted to charge the crush barriers and the police line behind them.

Thirdly, he repeatedly exhorted others so to do. Fourthly, he instructed a young demonstrator on the correct way to uncouple a crush barrier, which was successfully achieved and was subsequently thrown at the police, and was presumably one of the justifications for the deployment of a riot squad which eventually waded in to the protesters.

Home Secretary, there can hardly a more grave indictment of the conduct of the police force in a democratic country than this. People in the labour movement have often mythologised the state's use of agents provocateurs throughout my 40 years experience and no doubt long before. But, to my recollection, we have never caught one red-handed before.

This inspector's criminal actions must place all the other in themselves legitimate complaints about police tactics in a new light. I wrote to Sir Ian – and to Mayor Johnson – questioning the competence of the policing on that day. It now seems that what happened was a deliberate conspiracy to bring about scenes of violent disorder, seen around the world and for purposes on which we can only speculate.

You, however, have clear responsibility to get to the heart of this matter. I do hope you will begin to do so without delay.

Yours sincerely,

George Galloway MP

----------------

well there we go - I'm sure the Mail at least will be following it up.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC's Facebook 'spanking'
18 Jul 2007

A POLICE inspector in charge of guarding the Queen has been branded a security risk after revealing his gay lifestyle on the internet. Chris Dreyfus, 29, poses in his cop uniform at a London Tube station on the social networking site Facebook. And visitors to his page are invited to 'bite, grope, lick or spank' him.

Insp Dreyfus, recently promoted by British Transport Police to Head of Royalty and Government Protection, admits he is interested in men and looking for 'whatever I can get' In other chat, the university graduate says: 'Hope the leather shorts didn’t chafe too much on Saturday.' After getting a reply about a dog collar being uncomfortable, he answers: 'I did tell you to use the Vaseline. You just don’t listen'

Insp Dreyfus used to head the Transport Police’s Counter-Terrorism Proactive Unit. He was in charge of 30 officers and was on the frontline at King’s Cross during the July 7 suicide attacks in 2005.
nekokate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is this "PC's Facebook 'spanking'" article from? If the previous revelations are correct then this officer is a total scum-bag, but the tabloid article is disgracefully sensationalised and reads in a very homophobic way.

For a start, the revelations about visitors to his site being invited to "bite, grope, lick or spank" him, and that it says he's looking for "whatever I can get" are totally innocent to people who have experience of Facebook, because they are just boxes you can tick in your profile, but whichever journo has written this piece has made it sound like these things make him some sort of collossal pervert and actually implies by omission that he was literally inviting people to perform those acts on him.

If you haven't updated your Facebook for a while, there is even a button called "Poke" where you can prompt your friend to correspond. I'm surprised they didn't manage to crow-bar that in, too. "The officer also sinisterly invites gay networking friends to 'poke' him" or something.

This sort of sneering, cynical, homophobic hack journalism reminds me of the way Muslim people are slandered as a minority, too. I'll repeat - for the avoidance of any doubt - that this guy is clearly a twat, but he's a twat because of his actions, not his gayness and his Facebook. Disgusting article.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not sure where that one came from but i was reading another article on him yesterday from metro 'Facebook flirt blocked from police promotion'

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=106594&in_page_id=34

is there really a setting on facebook to 'bite, grope, lick and spank'!? Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the article was from The Sun of course, with the point being that he posted pictures of himself in uniform. Cops are supposed to respect the uniform and all that jizz jazz.

Though I think it's far more disgusting that this prick has been attempting to sway so-called democractic rights than some rag picking up on his proclivities.
nekokate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
the article was from The Sun of course, with the point being that he posted pictures of himself in uniform. Cops are supposed to respect the uniform and all that jizz jazz.

Though I think it's far more disgusting that this prick has been attempting to sway so-called democractic rights than some rag picking up on his proclivities.

Of course that's far more disgusting - I doubt anyone would disagree with you on that - but I'm not going to ignore the lesser misdeed; that's how a lot of abuse gets in the back door. The Sun is a homophobic newspaper, and it pisses me off that they manage to get in a dig at promiscuous gay lifestyle inside the Trojan Horse of the fact this policeman did the sly and disgraceful thing he did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: