Cannabis and the law...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Cannabis and the law... Reply with quote

Why they can't make a distinction for skunk is beyond me. All they'd have to do is set a limit on the THC content and that would be that. Hash oil (which is created in the same way as a tincture, using alcohol to absorb the essential oil from the mass of vegetable matter) is still listed, as far as I'm aware, as a Class A drug along with heroin and coke, so what's the problem with marking a difference between a lump of Moroccan hash at about 3-4% THC and a bud of Northern Lights grass at around 20-30%?

The difference in effect between average hash and average skunk is the difference between a pint of lager and a pint of whisky. It's not rocket science.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably at the bottom of all of it is they can't agree on how to tax you for it.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how you can put magic mushrooms in the same hole as crack and speed escapes me ...
luke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown Sauce wrote:
how you can put magic mushrooms in the same hole as crack and speed escapes me ...

yeah thats mad, they were legal until a few years back!
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always remember them as being legal .. Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are still legal as long as they're not prepared in any way.
Mandozilla

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannabis and the law... Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

Why they can't make a distinction for skunk is beyond me. All they'd have to do is set a limit on the THC content and that would be that.

You know faceless I had the same thought today, and the way you have articulated it, I could not have surpassed. The other thing that i cant stop thinking about is how schizophrenic our government is looking on this issue. All doctors I have talked to, one of which has studied and is published on the topic of weed and mental health, all find this hard to understand. Yet the know-it-nots who have only statistics and our severely depleted back pocket to look at seem to want to make more and more of us criminals! I was brought up to believe that the government was there to protect us from danger not pleasure, but with their mental history of cannabis and alcohol laws seem to spin that completely on its head.

Here is one guy who feels no safer and less happy for this.

Mandozilla
Mandozilla

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, if i lived in England or Wales i would probably have... a reason to be pissed.
luke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2003/12/22/whyIsMarijuanaIllegal.html
luke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a really good documentary on cannabis on bbc last night, its on iplayer at the moment if anyones interested http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00hhmd1/Horizon_Cannabis_The_Evil_Weed/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: