Weight Loss Challenge!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got to weight watchers and have lost a stone Very Happy am now a gold member and dont have to pay for meetings thumbs
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Raven! I am so happy for you! cheerleader
Colston

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 6' 2" and am 320 lbs...

I want to drop 100 lbs...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you doing to get there Colston? Any ideas on what you want to try to get there?
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
i got to weight watchers and have lost a stone Very Happy am now a gold member and dont have to pay for meetings thumbs

You go!! I am a member too and have lost almost 60lbs. I have been farting around with the same 5lbs for months now. Time to get serious again so that the holidays don't have so much of an impact.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Raven wrote:

You go!! I am a member too and have lost almost 60lbs. I have been farting around with the same 5lbs for months now. Time to get serious again so that the holidays don't have so much of an impact.

Oi! The holidays. I am doing my best to be good. But I won't deprive myself to be sure. Just avoiding the little "extras" that are always around this time of year.
I will be meeting with the head trainer at the Y hopefully next week to go over some things with her. Right now my biggest problem is my thighs are becoming very muscular and the waist very small. So pants buying is a bit of a pain Embarassed
I also plan to start training to run a marathon. Probably not in 2009 but hopefully in 2010. Since I have never really run before I want to give myself plenty of time to get in shape for it.
Colston

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
What are you doing to get there Colston? Any ideas on what you want to try to get there?

As simple as it sounds eat less and exercise more...

I suffer from depression and sleep apnea which has left me bereft of energy... which has made exercise and doing anything other than picking up snack and fast food difficult.

I seem to have those two in check over the last few days due to a treatment change for both so will kick off at the gym and by shopping for some ingredients rather than buying ready prepared food or sandwiches.

I'm gonna make a plan today and will report back with it...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colston wrote:
Skylace wrote:

As simple as it sounds eat less and exercise more...

I suffer from depression and sleep apnea which has left me bereft of energy... which has made exercise and doing anything other than picking up snack and fast food difficult.

I seem to have those two in check over the last few days due to a treatment change for both so will kick off at the gym and by shopping for some ingredients rather than buying ready prepared food or sandwiches.

I'm gonna make a plan today and will report back with it...

Not only is it simple but in my opinion it's the best plan. Energy has to equal energy out to maintain weight and the easiest way to make sure you start to loose weight is to cut back on the energy going in and start burning more. It's worked for me and countless others. Besides, making an actual lifestyle change to how you eat and live is so much better than other fad diets.

I had sleep apnea as well. I remember how draining it was. Even after "sleeping" for 13 hours I would still feel drained. The surgery worked for me, so I am very lucky there. I hope what ever treatments you are getting for it will help. Also, for the depression, starting to live better may help that as well, so that's an even better benefit then just losing weight. Becoming healthy inside is just as important as the outside.

Please keep us updated on how all of it is going. I know you can do it. You've got a plan and are getting your motivation. There's nothing to stop you! thumbs
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colston, can you get a dog or borrow one? They're a great reason to get out and about exercising - you have to do it at least twice a day. They also help with depression just by being daft.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of us in the same boat weight-wise, Colton, so this is the place to come and bounce ideas. Move more, eat better is the best way. Taking it off slowly is important too, when you have a sizable amount to lose. I want to lose a total of 130 and like I said, I am about 60lbs in. That 60lbs has taken me almost two years. Not from lack of trying, but I didn't put it on overnight, so it is not going to come off over night. Just keep at it and don't beat yourself up over stumbles.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a great site I've just started using with my iPhone. But you don't need an iPhone to use it. I love the calorie tracker.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Colston, can you get a dog or borrow one? They're a great reason to get out and about exercising - you have to do it at least twice a day. They also help with depression just by being daft.

jeez I have the crazy Husky and I still need to lose weight Smile But U are right face .....those dogs will get u out and pull You out of depression if nothing else Smile I started a new job nearly three months ago (which I keep meaning to tell U all about ) I will soon I promise ....But my lifestyle and eating habits have changed 100% and I am not so much losing weight... but am on the go all the time and feeling much better in myself and have dropped 2 sizes in jeans .....Smile and I feel great Smile

next thing I want to do is lose 25/30 pounds I am 5" 4" and weigh in about 160 at the mo .....and I will be happy at my old Age Very Happy
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps at my age losing 30 pounds is like losing 100 when i was 20 ... i think Smile
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the last six months or so I have been hovering with my weight. With all the exercising and eating right I had plateaued. Staying at around 150-152. This isn’t uncommon, especially since I had lost nearly 30 pounds. Basically my metabolism had stabilized itself so I’ve been working for ages trying to figure out what I needed to do it kick it into gear.

Well, I weighed in after quite a few weeks of actually even paying attention to a scale and I have finally broken out of the 150s into the 140s! Exciting indeed. Obviously to combination of foods and exercise I am doing now is what my body needed. So here’s to working on breaking the 140s.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic Skylace! I'm looking forward to joining all the couchers in the weight loss challenge in the near future. I just have to make the 7 hour trek to my sisters and retrieve my treadmill back from her. I gave it to her when I thought I was staying in Denmark for good, but it's too big for her apartment even folded up, so she is willing to give it back and I'm willing to take it. I loved running on my treadmill. That endorphin high is wonderful! Good luck everyone! I've done it before, so I know it's a slow process to lose weight.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 10 of 16

Jump to: