McCain's Adopted Daughter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen one that said something like 'McCain is against vets' or something - it's just the CNN feed though.

I hate McCain - that's my opinion after hearing the stuttering, rabble-rousing, cuntery he's just knocked out. And now he's finishing with a good old country and western style tune.

Yee fucking haw..
luke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
Hey face - are you getting to see all the protesters? I think there have been at least 3 or 4 ...

were they inside the arena where mccain was giving his speech?! now thats bravery! Laughing
Twirley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
Erm I am starting work at the weekend in Obama headquarters in my area .....is there anything U would all like me to say whilst on phone Very Happy

My husband wants us to volunteer for the Obama campaign this weekend. He REALLY DOESN'T want McCain/Palin to get into the White House.

This next bit may need to be moved to a different thread.....

Hubby came up with a conspiracy theory tonight from one of his NYC colleagues - that the Republicans are purposely trying to not win the election so they can let the Democrats take the brunt of the crap that the Republicans have got this country into over the last 8 years. Then in 2012, the Republicans can say how much of a mess the Democrats have made and then they'll have a better chance of getting back in again. Not sure the Republicans would risk that. I mean, what if Obama does a good job???? All I can say is...he'd better!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I've just turned over to watch his speech and within 5 minutes he's mentioned 9/11.

These people make me sick chanting USA aggressively, like they are the only representatives of it. Thank fuck they're not.

Oh, so you missed the whole video they did on 9/11 ? As if they are the saviors of the world....And they managed to do the whole thing without ever mentioning W once.
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the protesters were in the hall. Every time you heard them chanting USA is when the protesters were yelling. There were some Code Pink ladies on the floor who got pretty close to the stage and one "Irag Vets Against the War' guy up near the top. He was obviously former marine and had two signs - one said You Can't Win An Occupation and the other was John McCain iS Against Vets.
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY! NEWSFLASH - evidently John McCain was a POW. How manytimes did they have to telll THAT story last night?

I guess there was some pre-requisite "2 years in a box" to be president that I didn;t know about.
seshme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
The important difference is that some people had no choice to go to war - today's soldiers do.

My dad got shot in the head for this country when he was about 18 - fighting the scourge of popular communism in Malay. To what result for Britain? A better profit for the share dealers? Bollocks to that.

This is the kind of attitude that even moderate Americans find quite shocking.

The US is inherantly a militaristic society. Anyone who for whatever reason and fulfilling whatever function in the vast military machine is automatically a hero. It doesn't matter if they are an aggresive fuckwit who just wants to kill someone or someone from a disadvantaged background forced into it to try and get a tertiary education. They're all hero's, not doing it out of any self interest whatsover. Best of all they get to wear ridiculous hats at rallys once they retire.

An American can be against the war in Iraq but still think that a guy who loads the bombs on a stealth bomber is automatically a hero.

Of course in America being the secretary to a corporate asset stripper makes you a hero as long as you were unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time on 9-11.

I'm not saying the secretary is a bad person just like crashing your plane 5 times and getting your arse kicked after 'heroically' bombing villages from a mile up in the sky maybe doesn't. The world is grey.

But in my book it doesn't make you a hero either and it isn't a reason to vote for you especially if you are so vulgar as to go on and on about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: