That joke isnt funny anymore..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: That joke isnt funny anymore.. Reply with quote

Just to show how ridiculous things can get just because you're a movie star...if it was anyone else, they'd be up before the beak and no mistake guv'....

oh and i hope he doesn't get a charity oscar for his role...Bale deserves one if it was between them...
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ledger were to receive the oscar, I don't think it would charity. He gave an oscar winning performance...dead or alive.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've still to see the film, but it's on at the Gmax in town so I'll be seeing it there in the next couple of weeks.

As far as Olsen's demand for clemency if she talks - what the flaming fuck?! That statement alone should be enough to allow an investigation into her complicity.
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not seen any of his performances so I can't really comment, but I would be suspicious if they gave him a posthumous Oscar simply because people's arses always seem to get kissed after they die.

Have you noticed that no matter what the celebrity, when they die you never have anyone come on TV and go "He was a twat!"
iain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah...the olsen child asking for a get out of jail card..what the fuck's going on there? get out of it...

and i'm sure old Ledger was a nice guy, possibly a tremendously kind saint like human being..or he was just a normal fella, with a few flaws like the rest of us...who had an accident with some pills...

or maybe just a massive twat...

the trouble is, with that kind of role, you're gonna look amazing regardless - because you'll have a great director, and the character has alot of rich history to draw from...

the graphic novels too...

if i had to pick from that film only, then Bale would deserve the Oscar, a) for whispering so much,...and b) just cos he's a genuinely talented actor..that's given the batman role a new vigour - and made him far more intense and vigilante like..

i'd still like one to be made though, as a proper gritty 50s film noire type though..
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. He was a great actor, he's already been nominated before and people were talking of his nomination for this role before he died. So if he is nominated and wins, I don't think it will be because of his death. He was a fine actor regardless and already proved that before.

I also don't agree that his acting comes from having a great director and character to play. You can have those things and still be terrible. A lot of things go into making a great actor and one thing that people always forget or never realize is the ability to make the other actors look good. You have to be giving. I think that is one reason this new series of the Batman films is doing so well. None of the actors are selfish in their performance.

Ledger was a very good actor. He was really starting to come into his own. He had already made a name for himself and was establishing a fine career. It's a shame he died so early.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked most of what he did. The first time I saw him was on a fanatsy/Robin Hood type of show called "Roar". The show wasn't great but he certainly stood out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: