Does anybody actually like Hillary Clinton?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Does anybody actually like Hillary Clinton? Reply with quote

I see that Clinton won these elections in Ohio and Texas. Does anyone know why? She comes across as a completely ruthless and untrustworthy person and I can't imagine for a minute anyone actually being impressed by her. So why has she beaten Obama?
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, IMHO, a percentage of people see voting for a woman as a positive thing, coupled with those who liked Bill, and those who for whatever reason, do not wish to see a black president.

The policies got left behind a long time ago. Since when did American politics have anything to do with policies?
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like her. As Tina Fey on SNL (2/23) said "Bitches get things done!"

I'm not opposed to Obama though ... just HATE republican candidates.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like her as well Marcella. She also has more experience than Obama and that is one reason I would vote for her over him. I like Obama, but I just don't think he has the experience yet.
Hillary to me comes across as a tough woman, who gets things done. She is going to have to be tough when it comes to getting things done. I don't find her untrustworthy at all, at least no more than a regular politician.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah well, don't say you weren't warned!

But I suppose as long as they don't invade any other countries I don't really care who is president.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant stand her ........She reaks of Thatcher to me Sad

I do Like Obama.... A lot ......
nekokate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I adore Obama.

Clinton is, in my opinion, a charisma vaccuum. I bet shaking her hand would be like fondling a cold fish.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obamas the least worst ...

whats your new pic nekokate?
RaulRipp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really get the whole experience thing? I think it was on the Real Deal that I heard her 'experience' described best. Just because she was married to a president it doesn't mean that she'll make a good president. It's like saying you'll make a good brain surgeon because you're married to one...you may have seen the video below, not sure if its been posted before, but I think it says a great deal about her character.

It's in 2 parts.

Part 1

Part 2

Ash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hillary v Obama

Obama, if I have to- sort of a 'lesser evil' selection methodology
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaulRipp wrote:
I don't really get the whole experience thing? I think it was on the Real Deal that I heard her 'experience' described best. Just because she was married to a president it doesn't mean that she'll make a good president.

It has nothing to do with her experience as First Lady. It has to do with her experience in the world of politics, business and time in office herself. She has worked in politics (not just in her elected office) a lot longer than Obama. And there is certain maturity that comes with age.

If she doesn't get it, I won't disappointed, or shocked. It's not like either one of them is a bad choice to have overall. In all honesty, both of them were NOT the one I wanted to have come this far, but I knew Richardson didn't have a snowballs chance in hell. But right now my choice is her.

I am actually more interested at this point on who is going to be picked as the running mate as I see both Clinton and Obama to be cut from pretty much the same cloth. I think which ever one ends up in office it will be pretty much the same turn out. However, the VP will be interesting to see.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like her. It was a toss up between Hilary and Obama and when it came to the final moment, I went with Hilary. I just feel like she has a little more knowledge of how to get things done. I, like others have mentioned, am happy with either - Republicans need not apply -- She's not perfect, she is a politician. We are moving into unchartered territory with either of them...very exciting!
radiomanpj

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Republican Candidate John McCain's camp is hoping that Hillary gets the nomination. They know that in a contest against Obama, they stand no chance of winning.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that makes sense PJ. Obama will destroy him given the chance.

The idea of 'they've got no experience so don't vote for them' was the fear-tactic that the Conservatives here used to instill fear and uncertainty in MOR voters during the 80s and 90s. The president doesn't actually do anything off their own back, unless he changes the laws to allow it, so they don't need experience as such - which is why they have the civil service and corporate advisors.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm personally not fond of either of them, but I somehow walk away with the feeling that Clinton is "acting nice" and putting on a show a lot of the time (but that's politics, isn't it?)--- I can't stand fakeness. That being said, I do think Clinton could do the job and do it well. I'm guessing we're going to see an Obama/Clinton ticket with Obama running for president and Clinton for VP.

And I'm going to go out on a limb here-- I think it might be a close election between McCain and them with McCain possibly edging them out. I'm not sure some of the "big boys" in politics are ready for a black or woman president, let alone a ticket that would see both of them in office at the same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: